Threaded hole behind exhaust camshaft cap

Information relating to the Matchless G9 or AJS Model 20 500cc twin
ducati2242

Threaded hole behind exhaust camshaft cap

Post by ducati2242 »

I have recently acquired a 55 G9 I have been busy with the powder coating of practically everything and have done little with the engine , untill now , I have had the crank reground at -20 new shells and mains and have started to re-assemble . It was in pieces when purchased so plenty of missing parts which I am slowly purchasing . I have found a threaded hole in the oil way near the exhaust camshaft that I'm stuck with . Internet is good but cant find out this problem , I think it must be some kind of oil metering jet but I am unsure of size or shape any help would be greatly appreciated . Guy

[URL=http://s44.photobucket.com/user/du ... .jpg[/img]
Image/url]
ajsph

Re: Threaded hole behind exhaust camshaft cap

Post by ajsph »

in 55 there was a metering plug in the hole, and no alu distributor for the top end lubrication, but after a short time the factory send a service bulletin to the dealers, they had to remove the plug and fit the well known alu distributor.
Poul
ducati2242

Re: Threaded hole behind exhaust camshaft cap

Post by ducati2242 »

Thats good as I have some of the bar type distributors . Was there anything else that needed changing or just a case of fitting the bar type distributor . Thanks for your information . Guy