Beamish Trophy Trial

Information relating to the Matchless G9 or AJS Model 20 500cc twin
shifter

Beamish Trophy Trial

Post by shifter »

Well got all set up to go and spectate at the B.T.T. this am got the old Model 20 out after giving her the once over yesterday, she was low on petrol so pulls into fill up about 5 miles into the journey all ok. Went about another 10 miles and the bike started to hic and fart and wouldn't pull over 1/4 throttle for a few more miles, thinking had another 35/40 miles to go I decided to head for home when I tinkered with the bike checked points plugs electrics etc. The carb filter was full of crap dismantled carb for a clean and flushed the tank. Went for a test ride this pm of around 30 miles and all was champion so hopefully the crap in the fuel was the offender
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
?
Johnobirches

Re: Beamish Trophy Trial

Post by Johnobirches »

Gorgeous bike - glad it's sorted.
Expat

Post by Expat »

Second that remark.
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
REW

Post by REW »

Luckily some of us did make it to Allenheads for the lunch time stop on the Beamish Trophy Trial Shifter - would have been good to see your bike alongside Jim Anderson's - a fine brace of 1952 M20s that would have been. Seen here too are Dave Astley's G31 (1961) and my G3L, still thumping round the Dales.
DSCN0178.jpg
And a small section of the "at lunch" scene. What a glorious setting for a lot of "ald gits" to talk b****cks.
DSCN0199.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ron

1951 Matchless G3L thumping round the Durham Dales.
shifter

Post by shifter »

Hello Ron
Looks like I missed a good day (bugger) but I didn't want to chance the old girl for the rest of the run, if I had looked and cleaned the carb filter when I stopped it would have been ok to continue. Never mind all is ok now, your crews bikes look very nice and it would have been nice to meet you all and take a Cpl of snaps mine was made in 1950 so 51 spec
?