Its grand weather for a good rake about

Information relating to the Matchless G9 or AJS Model 20 500cc twin
shifter

Its grand weather for a good rake about

Post by shifter »

By heck its been grand today for a nice rake around up in the countryside spotting all the wildlife along the way through the cheviots then down towards home by the coast road.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
?
dave16mct

Re: Its grand weather for a good rake about

Post by dave16mct »

Looking good Shifty! Is that Seahouses in the distance? Our section had a week camping and B&B at Wooler a few years ago. Great weather then too.
Cheers Dave.
shifter

Post by shifter »

Hello Dave
No its Cresswell in the background about 25 miles south of Seahouses, the old bike and I went up via the back roads over the hills and moors via Rothbury/Thropton stopped for a coffee (Parking the bike up when stopping for a brew and the like is a pleasure now thanks to the new centre stand) then onto Alnwick over to Seahouses for an ice cream. Then down the coast to amble for a swift pint and a mingle/chat stopped at Cresswell to reminisce at all the good times I had at my Uncles house when I was a youngster before heading home.
Thanks
shifter
?
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

That's a lovely ride out.

I took a run down to Whitby via Castelton on Wdenesday in the same super conditions. Nearly stopped to take pics but realised I'd be short of time to get back home.

I'm planning to run up through Northumberland to Lochearnhead in Scotland later in the year.

Johnny B
shifter

Post by shifter »

Johnny B, will you be on a camping trip or b&b it will be a nice run hope the weather keeps up call in on your way up, I go over the boarder quite a lot when I think its going to be nice weather. The Sunday before last I went up to Edinburgh and back for a run the long way by the b roads. Oops chopped the bike off the pic at the carter bar heading back home
shifter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
?