twin oil circulation

Information relating to the Matchless G11 or AJS Model 30 600cc twin
clive

Re: twin oil circulation

Post by clive »

1608 your reply is not what I wanted to hear but what secretly I was resisting, since it entails removing the carb yet again (quite a fuss on my bike as it involves removing rubber hose to filter which is a s*d to get back on and the battery as otherwise there is insufficient clearance to remove the carb, but thanks for the contribution. After blowing out and fitting the 25 jet there did seem to be some response to the airscrew. I think I will fiddle with the airscrew before further removal of the carb. If it is blocked it must be between the airscrew and the jet rather than the jet itself or the jet and inlet tract, or it would run weaker rather than too rich wouldn't it. Hard to access these other pathways. Thanks for contributing though.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix

Re: twin oil circulation

Post by 1608 »

Don'r forget, the air screw only affects the slow running ie. from closed throttle to about 1/8" opening ( and when set too weak will cause a flat spot and stutter when accelerating from a stand-still ) I would try as I suggest and leave the carb on the bike if its a lot of work and ride to wherever you can find an air-line. But, if the carb is flooding then the air screw will seem ineffectual as it won't overcome the flooding or over richness. If the plugs are sooty after a reasonable run and having opened the throttle a bit then your problem may not be the mixture screw.