AJS 600 M30 First look evaluation

Information relating to the Matchless G11 or AJS Model 30 600cc twin
Lubo

AJS 600 M30 First look evaluation

Post by Lubo »

Dear Guys,
I would like to ask on your opinion and evaluation of M30. I don't have experiences with U.K. bike however I would like to start with this nice and rare bike. I think right now to buy it. I ask for help and evaluation of details on pictures enclosed. I know, good paint is not everything the other side is mechanical part. Could you send me your estimation on production year or confirm 1956, parts and other deviations if there are any will be useful also.

I will be glad for any reply.
Many thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clive

Re: AJS 600 M30 First look evaluation

Post by clive »

Looks like 56 to me only thing I can spot is that the two torpedo side lights, one either side of the headlight, are missing. The engine number should be stamped in the crankcase above the Dynamo and start 56/m30/..... If you get the frame number and the engine number you can pay a small amount for our dating officer to look up the records and confirm the date.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
saltbox alf
Deceased

Re: AJS 600 M30 First look evaluation

Post by saltbox alf »

Me too 56. It looks a better buy than the 'bitza' you were looking at. Definatly follow Clive's advice and get the frame and engine number.
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS