M30 colour , which blue?

Information relating to the Matchless G11 or AJS Model 30 600cc twin
John Grew

M30 colour , which blue?

Post by John Grew »

Was there a standard blue for the tank of the 1957 M30.Looking at the RS paint web site they show two blues one light and the other dark but as my tank has had a bit, sorry a lot, of neglect, I am struggling to tell which one it might be . What is left of the paint in the centre of the rims does look darker so was it light on the tank and dark on the rims ?
I would love to find out just what the last owner used this bike for. The ``mud`` caked up under the petrol tank was 1/2" thick in places and it was set like cement so that will give you an idea of what the rest of the bike was like
Regards
John Grew ( the southern one)
Duncan

Re: M30 colour , which blue?

Post by Duncan »

John

I cant say one way or another, when I painted my M30 I used a RAL colour card to pick the colour on the basis I would be able to get a standard RAL colour in the future should I ever need it.
I selected RAL 5002 Ultramarine Blue, I think it looks lighter on the bike than the colour card. It may be an idea to ask RS what colour code their colours are matched to so that you can use a colour card to decide if you like it.
DSCF1535.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Grew

Re: M30 colour , which blue?

Post by John Grew »

Hi Duncan Many thanks for that bit of info, how ever in the mean time I have got an engine badge from Steve and it is a dark blue back ground so it think that has settled , dark blue it will be . I will check with RS before I get it from them. Thanks again
John