Indicators

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
BruceB

Indicators

Post by BruceB »

Has anybody fitted some and what type? I normally wouldn't fit an obvious non original type part unless it was normally unseen so am looking for pictures of those who have to see if I can fit something that at least looks semi period.
When I rewired the bike recently to 12v I did allow for the spare cables between front and back just in case.
Anybody got pics and details of something that might look right?
66 BSA Spitfire MK11
77 Yamaha XS750 Triple
98 Suzuki Bandit GSF600S
78 Honda Superdream (rebuilding)
51 Cyclemaster (in queue)
56 G11 bitsa (in boxes awaiting courage)
78 Series Landrover (rebuilding)
72 MG Midget (in queue)
06 Honda XL1000
ian_5931

Re: Indicators

Post by ian_5931 »

These are modern, 10watt bulbs not LED. I wanted something to look like torpedo sidelights - didn't realise at the time the real ones are quite comon on ebay, might be worth a look.

Image Image
Reynard24

Re: Indicators

Post by Reynard24 »

Hi Bruce I have fitted both Lucas and H***a indicators to the bikes I ride with a pillion and I don't think they look out of place. The Lucas ones (as fitted to Nonrots and Trumpets) are probably cheaper as they are plastic but in my experience tend to vibrate undone. The H***a ones (70s chrome bowl type) are metal and don't vibrate but would be unacceptable for purists.
I have seen some very small types fitted but I think they're too modern looking and practically useless - you might as well use hand signals.
If you have an e-mail address I can post some photos for you of both types fitted to my bikes.