Crank project - latest news

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
zwarts

Re: Crank project - latest news

Post by zwarts »

I have mine - it appeared under the Christmas tree two weeks ago. As far as I know, they are available for collection or dispatch from Kettering on payment of the balance outstanding. I tried to put a photo on here but the file size is too large.
zwarts

Post by zwarts »

Slight correction to the above. OBM just arrived and there's an announcement in there. It is the batch of alternator type cranks which have arrived. Dynamo type are expected to follow early this year.
Stuoyb

Post by Stuoyb »

See the item under "Club News" dated 13 December -

http://www.jampot.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 55#p148321
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

motoviajero wrote:Hi Markus, your last info was end August. Any news about the final date of crank delivery to members ? thanks, Hans :?:
So Hans have you ordered a alternator type or Dynamo type this will give you the answer.

The first batch of alternator crankshafts have now arrived at Kettering and arrangements are being made for distribution.
Members who have paid deposits are being contacted to arrange onward delivery

The dynamo cranks are currently being prepared for machining and we anticipate having further news on these in the New Year.
Roy
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

Hi Gents, do we have an update? Have the club any cranks in stock?

Andy Clarke
Stuoyb

Post by Stuoyb »

Oldun,

Please see the post immediately before yours and the news item - http://www.jampot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=16455

The first batch of alternator cranks are being distributed in a "first come first served" basis to those who pre-ordered.
We are awaiting delivery of the balance of alternator cranks and then dynamo cranks.

There will be no stock for general sale until all pre-orders have been delivered.
mdt-son

Post by mdt-son »

Hi Stuart,

I posted an inquiry as to the latest progress in "G12 & AJS Model 31 / Re: New Crankshaft" and look forward to hearing from club officials.

Regards,

Knut Sonsteby