1-5/8 exhaust pipes

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
AJS 500

Re: 1-5/8 exhaust pipes

Post by AJS 500 »

ajscomboman wrote:
AJS 500 wrote:
ajscomboman wrote:It is without doubt a beautiful restoration, but if I wanted to be real picky I'd be questioning the use of the earlier type dynamo end with cork and band instead of the correct German helmet type and also the early oil filter end cap. Maybe they are not available at the moment or it's simply personal choice, either way it's still a fine machine.
Wondered who would pick up on that.
noddy crank I got from you, petrol tank from you is in primer. As for Dynamo, is what I could get, same with filter cap although I can test oil pressure with the Earlier one. Also only have an 80mph black face speedo in a later headlight. It's what I could get or I had. I'm sure I will get more Nit picking but I don't really care mate. Looking forward to riding it in a month or so ish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I wondered if that was the case. Some bits are a little scarce, it certainly doesn't detract from the look of the bike and the dynamo is very nicely done, and to be honest I find it easier to carry out checks with that type of end cap. I'm sure it'll go as good as it looks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk