1959 Matchless G12 Road Test

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
malcolmdr

Re: 1959 Matchless G12 Road Test

Post by malcolmdr »

JEAN-NOEL wrote:You are an happy man, Malcolm : not even a car, a truck, a farm tractor for miles of lanes ! The bike is immaculate, the video is superb...
What a good moment in this sad period ! I will look it again on my T.V...Thank you !
It's a great road Jean-Noel, you have to watch out for the cyclists though!

Thank you for your kind comments.

Malcolm.
teebee67

Post by teebee67 »

Lovely bike, great road and superb video. Can't wait to be riding again when this lots over (and improved weather). That wasn't as good as actually going for a ride myself but it was close. Thanks again for sharing.
I'm only old on the outside.
malcolmdr

Post by malcolmdr »

teebee67 wrote:Lovely bike, great road and superb video. Can't wait to be riding again when this lots over (and improved weather). That wasn't as good as actually going for a ride myself but it was close. Thanks again for sharing.
The pleasure was all mine I can tell you!

Glad you enjoyed it and here's to better times ahead.

Malcolm.
MalcW

Post by MalcW »

I watched this series of videos yesterday evening. Dreadful! Not only is his G12 much, much nicer than my Model 31, I'm now going to lose sleep worrying about the state of the oilways for the rockers on my bike! Still, something to do during Lockdown I suppose...

Malc
malcolmdr

Post by malcolmdr »

MalcW wrote:I watched this series of videos yesterday evening. Dreadful! Not only is his G12 much, much nicer than my Model 31, I'm now going to lose sleep worrying about the state of the oilways for the rockers on my bike! Still, something to do during Lockdown I suppose...

Malc
Sorry about that Malc!

You only need to do them if you seem to have trouble getting the tappets to run quietly. If they're quiet, leave well alone and enjoy!

Malcolm.
MalcW

Post by MalcW »

malcolmdr wrote:
MalcW wrote:I watched this series of videos yesterday evening. Dreadful! Not only is his G12 much, much nicer than my Model 31, I'm now going to lose sleep worrying about the state of the oilways for the rockers on my bike! Still, something to do during Lockdown I suppose...

Malc
Sorry about that Malc!

You only need to do them if you seem to have trouble getting the tappets to run quietly. If they're quiet, leave well alone and enjoy!

Malcolm.
I keep thinking about a top end overhaul and a rebore - the LH piston seems a bit sloppy in the bore. But it starts and runs well, so it never quite seems to happen!

Seriously though, excellent videos, and the bike looks and sounds great.

Malc
malcolmdr

Post by malcolmdr »

You've hit the nail right on the head Malc,

If she runs well then probably best to leave well alone. Unless of course, if something drastic happens!

Best regards.

Malcolm.
electrajohnt

Post by electrajohnt »

Thanks's for the ride Malcolm, nice run.
JohnT
JohnT
malcolmdr

Post by malcolmdr »

electrajohnt wrote:Thanks's for the ride Malcolm, nice run.
JohnT
Glad you enjoyed John,

Here's to better times!