Primary Chaincase Spacer Dimension

Information relating to the Matchless G15 or AJS Model 33 750cc twin. This also includes the G15 Mk II and the G15/45
Mick D

Primary Chaincase Spacer Dimension

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Here's a long shot - does anyone know, or can measure, the thickness of the primary chain case to crank case spacer, part number 030243?

My primary chain is running very close to the inner case and the spacer looks as if it could be home made, (the edges look like they were cut with a water jet, material seems to be some form of stainless steel 7/32", (0.220") thick).

Regards Mick
56G80S

Re: Primary Chaincase Spacer Dimension

Post by 56G80S »

Hi Mick

I was going to pop round to the lock up as I have the engine & gearbox out but checked your profile and iyours is a 1961 so different to my 1956 with the tin case!

Sorry.

Johnny B
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi Johnny

Thanks for the offer but it's for my G15, I should have specified as such :oops: .

Regards Mick
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Mick they do look rough as buggery, straight from the factory. I'll go measure and get back to you, but they are quite thick not to short of 1/4".
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

As near as I can get with it on the bike I'd say that 7/32 or a shade under 1/4" is spot on
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Thanks Rob

Guess mine is original then, I'll use thinner gaskets ;)

On an associated - do you have the alternator rotor with the recess for the nut or the plain one? I have the plain one and the centres of the rotor and stator are 3/8" out of alignment, (rotor inboard).

Regards Mick
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

I only use one gasket, the crankcase to spacer face I used 3 bond and the spacer to rear of chaincase I used the gasket as that's where the majority of oil is splashing around. I have a new welded rotor without the recess and new stator and solid state regulator/rectifier. No zener on this one as I want reliable electrics.