What bike is this?

Information relating to the Matchless G15 or AJS Model 33 750cc twin. This also includes the G15 Mk II and the G15/45
Rtfrench

Re: What bike is this?

Post by Rtfrench »

P. S. How do I contact Roy Bullet?
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

"P. S. How do I contact Roy Bullet?"

"www.jampot.com/Dating.asp"

Ask for Trigger! :rofl:
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

ajscomboman wrote:"P. S. How do I contact Roy Bullet?"

"www.jampot.com/Dating.asp"

Ask for Trigger! :rofl:
Who you calling Trigger Dell Boy Swift!
Roy
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

ajscomboman wrote:Ask for Trigger! :rofl:

Ah, here he comes now........
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
John Donne

Post by John Donne »

As you are living in Arizona you could contact Ron Fraturrelli who lives in Prescott, Arizona, and he may, our could do the restoration on your N15CS. He was an ex main dealer for Berliner, and he sold new Norton Commando's the P11, Ducati, and Moto Guzzi when he had a main dealer ship back in Leominster Mass. He really does know his Norton's. His web site is www.nortoncommando.com There is also Jerry Kaplan in Davis in California who is also a very good restorer of Norton's.
The N15CS is not that a difficult a bike to restore, and there are still plenty of parts avilable to restore it with. Try Walridge Motors in Canada for restoration parts, and they also have a web site, and a really good parts catalogue. Get the Master Parts List for 1966-1967-1968, part number 06-8202 as this will cover all your needs when rebuilding your bike. There is also the Norton factory work shop manual that was reprinted by Clymer from the original Norton one for the American market, with different coloured covers. Andover Norton is also reproducing some of the N15,G15 related parts. There are also many dealers in America that still have large stocks of these parts. There is Baxter Cycle in Iowa, and Rabers in California, and British Only in Detroit. Get some of the American classic magazines and there should be allot of dealers that can help you with your restoration, and also supply you with the much needed parts. The high pipes on your CS makes the bike look more like a desert racer or a dirt track racer, as this was the reason that they were made in the first place when they were exported to America. The Berliner Corporation also issued a huge amount of literature that you should also be able to find in North America, for these particular bikes.
In 1964 that brillant off road rider Mike Patrick held the number one plate in the desert on an N15CS, in the Mohave Desert, District 37, cross country championship. He was sponsored by McLaughlan Motors in Durate, in California. John him self won the Catalina Grand Prix. Mike also won it again on a P11 a few years later, and then again on a Yamaha. As Berliner explained in their sales brochure for Matchless G15CS, You don't of course, have to race a Matchless but isn't it nice to know that you could? and many actualy did. See 3 Steps to Victory from Berliner. You should also join the owners club.
Rtfrench

Post by Rtfrench »

John, I'm grateful for all of the leads. I'll start right away by contact Ron in Prescott. Thanks
Rtfrench

Post by Rtfrench »

Well, Ron from Prescott told me my bike is a dog. He said nothing matches. The front end, chrome oil talk, handlebars, shocks, pipes and it would take 15k to 20k to restore it. I am really really new at this so I'm inclined to accept his advice, but it seems hard to imagine that all of those parts aren't stock. The handlebars, front forks and pipes specifically.

He said I should get rid of it. Any takers?
John Donne

Post by John Donne »

I have contacted Jerry Kaplan in Davis, California for you, and he is willing to talk to you about it and sort out the restoration for you. I have sent you an email with his contact details.
Rtfrench

Post by Rtfrench »

John, you've been a great help. I'll call Jerry tomorrow.