G15 Mk 2 seat lug

Information relating to the Matchless G15 or AJS Model 33 750cc twin. This also includes the G15 Mk II and the G15/45
clive

Re: G15 Mk 2 seat lug

Post by clive »

mdt-son wrote:
clive wrote:I am trying to track down a seat lug stud for my G15 mk 2 as the thread seems to be dodgy on the present one. According to my parts list its 023520 and the nuts are 000292. The club does not stock the stud but does stock the nuts (in stainless) which are described as " nut half 5/8 for seat stud ". Norvil don't list either.
Hi Clive,
I was sursprised reading your statement, because I am adamant having seen this stud with Norvil. Sure enough, you have mixed up the numbers. The stud has p/n 023250 and is listed with Norvil (SS though and sold as an assembly w/nuts only).

For later year models w/coil ignition, I believe there was another stud providing the necessary length for a thick and a shallow nut, and a plate carrying an ignition lock.

-Knut
Thanks Knut seems looking up parts numbers late in the evening is not a good move. I have just checked again and the Hybrids part list in the archives has the number as you put it not as I did. :oops:
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
clive

Post by clive »

Just to finish this thread off, many thanks for the help everyone, with the correct part number (and the club currently out of stock) I have managed to order one in original cad plating from Steve at AMC Classics at a fraction of the price of the Norvil stainless steel version. Awaiting the registration docs from Swansea as the number and docs have separated sometime in the past so even when the stud is installed I still cannot do my essential shopping on it..... :cry:
clive
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

clive wrote:Just to finish this thread off, many thanks for the help everyone, with the correct part number (and the club currently out of stock) I have managed to order one in original cad plating from Steve at AMC Classics at a fraction of the price of the Norvil stainless steel version. Awaiting the registration docs from Swansea as the number and docs have separated sometime in the past so even when the stud is installed I still cannot do my essential shopping on it..... :cry:
Good luck with the DVLA, nearly 8wks and still nothing back. No phone lines operating and no way of getting through to the correct dept by email either despite being guided towards the email system! I only sent the V5 back to change the colour and tax class to historic. I'm not in any great hurry but the longer it takes the more concern I have about loss of the paperwork and having to jump through the hoops again!!!
clive

Post by clive »

My registration letter arrived today, sent 18/04/20. Now I just have to sort out an appalling front brake will try another thread.
clive