Rear Controls

Information relating to the Matchless G15 or AJS Model 33 750cc twin. This also includes the G15 Mk II and the G15/45
Draco63

Rear Controls

Post by Draco63 »

I'm trying to find a set of rear controls for my 65 G15CS. I've seen pictures of G15's with rear controls but I'm having trouble locating a set new or used.
itma

Rear Controls

Post by itma »

Rear controls?
Are these for going backwards?
jim501

Rear Controls

Post by jim501 »

quote:

Rear controls?
Are these for going backwards?

Perhaps they're for when you have a female pillion passenger. My wife drives much better than I do, as she frequently tells me. Without her helpful input I doubt I would be able to manage on my own. She would certainly appreciate some additional controls.

cheers
jim
itma

Rear Controls

Post by itma »

I think I have worked out these must be rearsets?
Draco63

Rear Controls

Post by Draco63 »

OH! I apologize. After many generations in America my family has forgotten the Queens English. Let me try to translate. Rear Controls(n)- Motorcycle controls (rear brake and gear shift) located under or behind the operators seat. Directly below the operators seat for running road courses or behind the operators seat for drag racing. Rear controls are not to be confused with Forward Controls. Forward controls are the opposite of rear controls. Forward controls are those located forward of the operators seat. Normally found on choppers, cruisers, bobers, and customs.

I am trying to locate a set of rear controls for my 65 G15CS. Help is appreciated. Smart comments are not.
itma

Rear Controls

Post by itma »

Then you must search for "rearsets", not "rear controls" on any UK site or enquiry.
Your problem is that these were exceedingly rare when the bike was new. As was the bike here. can`t remember seeing one set up with them.

Most rearsets for all makes were aftermarket sold.

Rearset footrests supplied to the US have one side farther back than the other to compensate for the fact we have pulled the collective American leg so often for not spicking inglish like wot is spoke ere
I would think that the US is probably the best place to search, as that is were most of these G15 seem to have ended up; either that or find a set to copy.

You must excuse our tendancy to pick up on English usage, there are so few of us left here who speak it.
TommoT

Rear Controls

Post by TommoT »

...without wanting to educate our US friends, in 0,29 seconds Google churned out 121.000 American websites , containing the words: motorcycle and rearsets. So one could perhaps claim that the term "rearset" is widely used to describe one or more pieces of hardware enabling the driver to control his motorcycle from a rearward position, even in US Btw. love to observe these little differences, like fenders, gas, mufflers, etc.. (NB: please observe smilies where appropriate, I seem to detect an insulted tone in Eric's reply which the replies do not warrant ).
TommoT

Ride Your Motorcycle As If Your Life Depended On It - Cos' It Does!
TommoT

Rear Controls

Post by TommoT »

Have you tried:

www.walridge.com

I believe they specialize in the late models.
TommoT

Ride Your Motorcycle As If Your Life Depended On It - Cos' It Does!
Rick.Edwards
Deceased

Rear Controls

Post by Rick.Edwards »

Eric i'm sure that if you put a wanted add in the Jampot you'll get some info or maybe even a set of rear sets.Regards Rick. adverts@jampot.com
The piston ring King
Draco63

Rear Controls

Post by Draco63 »

Thanks for the web link Tommot. So far the best I've been able to find is some universal rear sets made by Clubman Raceing. I was hopeing to find some built specificly for the G15, because I don't have the equipment nessesary to adapt a universal set to my bike.