matchless g 15 cs paint color

Information relating to the Matchless G15 or AJS Model 33 750cc twin. This also includes the G15 Mk II and the G15/45
ilmasca

Post by ilmasca »

I finished to restore my Matchless g15 CS bought some years ago in Canada,the previous owner sure me that the BLACK paint color is original,I know that the most part of G15 was "cardinal red" but
little series in other colors.
Someone can give me info?
thank you Luigi
John Donne

Post by John Donne »

quote:
I finished to restore my Matchless g15 CS bought some years ago in Canada,the previous owner sure me that the BLACK paint color is original,I know that the most part of G15 was "cardinal red" but
little series in other colors.
Someone can give me info?
thank you Luigi

Dear Sir

If your G15CS is an earlier Atlas Scrambler typemachine, that would be from engine and frame number 107 to may be 110, then it may be either Cardenal Red, or Candy Apple Red. The very early models were Cardenal Red, but these were Atlas Scramblers The frame would be black, and the gas tank, oil tank, battery and tool box would be Candy Apple Red, or the earlier type red. This would the same type of red used on the G12 twins. The G15CS models also had different fenders, seats, oi tanks and battery boxes, as well as different engine modifications. It really all depends on your engine and frame numbers that would determine these factors.Yamaha, Norton, and Ducati used Candy Apple Red, as a stock colour.

John Donne
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

Ciao Luigi,

Look at this article : https://www.jampot.com/article_read.asp?id=401

Also search the forum looking for 'paint colour' as well as 'cardinal red' for more advice.

Corners like a Lego man
morris

Post by morris »

How about the Tartan Red?
-possibly not basic at this bike "once-opon-that -time" but?