G80/85CS Barrels

Information relating to the Matchless G85 500cc Heavyweight, AJS 7R, Matchless G45 and Matchless G50
holland

G80/85CS Barrels

Post by holland »

Look before you go off and get your knickers in a twist. Whats your statement mean? if you have something to say, say it.
james

quote:
Nope he is still going strong and making crankcases and machining them...But then HE does it all.....
mdt-son

G80/85CS Barrels

Post by mdt-son »

quote:
Nope he is still going strong and making crankcases ....

Hi Geoff,
I've heard that name in the past. Do you have further data, maybe a phone number?

Thanks,

Knut Sonsteby

G80/85CS Barrels

Post by 242017 »

No Im not making any big statements about anything....but I know as well as you do who made the crankcases,heads,timing covers,cams and machined them.
But it wasnt him in the magazine photos...

G80/85CS Barrels

Post by 242017 »

Hello Knut,
If you want any of his products then I suggest that you get in contact with Carsten Kuhl in Denmark as he does the matchless comp engines for the most of europe and they keep going
Geoff
mdt-son

Re: G80/85CS Barrels

Post by mdt-son »

Hi Guys,

I need to warm up this thread. I've been very busy these last years but I am determined finding this guy Keith Rippin who is supposed to reproduce crankcases.
Does any of you have contact details? Why is he running his business in "silent mode"?
Is he a member of the club, is so what's his user name?

Geoff, I have tried getting in touch with Carsten Kühl. He is retired by now. Maybe he will answer my plea .... some day.

Greetings,

Knut

Update: I should have done my homework before writing the above. Keith Rippin is actually a member of the club. Not being a young man anymore, I hope he's reading my PM.

2nd Update: Got a message from Keith Rippin. He says he's retired and out of business. Now the hunt is about securing the patterns. Sadly, the french patterns of Mr. Alteyrac are lost :headbang:
holland

Re: G80/85CS Barrels

Post by holland »

Please note the forum is not the place for advertising available spares. Trade advertisers can advertise for as little as £5 plus VAT an edition of the Jampot
moderated by the Advertising Editor