bike register

Information relating to Matchless and AJS Models built prior to 1939
Rob Harknett

bike register

Post by Rob Harknett »

some how this went in twice so I've deleted the txtEdited by - Rob Harknett on 16 May 2012 3:20:49 PM
itma

bike register

Post by itma »

well Rob its a fair way from you, but over three days and you can camp on site in possibly the best rally site in Wiltshire, Rainscombe Park Oare used only once a year for this event.
You are not too late to enter in June its a good turnout of bikes, old cars, steam, agricultural all sorts, nice relaxed unofficious organisation

http://www.wapg.co.uk/

plenty of pubs and eating out places nearby as a bonusEdited by - itma on 16 May 2012 4:34:31 PM
ianselva

bike register

Post by ianselva »

quote:
That's an interesting run Ian. How long did it take? Dave.

We took a a couple of days over it so as not to turn it into an endurance run, although the second day was a bit of an endurance as it varied from cold and overcast to cold wet and windy . We had 11 bikes - 3 Vintage AJS , my 35 Ariel VH ,38 Ariel VH, 56 Ariel VH, a 28 500 Ariel side Valve, A 40s Ariel Square 4 , a 30s ex grass track Barnet with a James V twin ,55 Dominator ,60s A10, and a 350 unit Triumph.

IanEdited by - ianselva on 17 May 2012 12:31:44 AM
Rob Harknett

bike register

Post by Rob Harknett »

Looks like a good event Ken.
To make a longish journey, staying over the weekend is a bonus. I do however get very few weekends free. They often need planing by marking up my diary about 2 years in advance, to keep a weekend free.
Most Saturdays would get booked up for me to entertain at a club with my mobile discotheque. On the Sunday of the Wilts show, I also have a club committee meeting at Kettering.
itma

bike register

Post by itma »

There's always next year Rob.

I nominate you the club optimist, I don't even plan for next week let alone two years hence, tempting fate too much for my liking
Rob Harknett

bike register

Post by Rob Harknett »

I don't do the planing Ken, others do that, then book me to entertain. More recently bookings are made 6/18 months in advance. So to make sure I get certain week ends free, I do have to mark up my diary" no bookings " or I may come home one night to find my wife or son has taken a gig on a week end I wanted free. Like perhaps Jampot rally week end.Edited by - Rob Harknett on 16 May 2012 8:44:50 PM
itma

bike register

Post by itma »

There's no such high life down yer in wiltshire