Pre-War Matchless/AJS Reproduction Spares

Information relating to Matchless and AJS Models built prior to 1939
AMC33

Post by AMC33 »

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum, and will be hopefully spending alot of time on hear as I start my 1939 B24 project.

I have searched high and low on the internet to find new pre-war reprodution parts, although my motorcycle is a Sunbeam B24 (AMC) mostly all parts where Matchless/AJS ie. the forks are G3 etc etc as I am sure you all know.

Is there any sites that stock alot of these spares? Being pre-war I imagen there is not much reproduction stuff made due to the rarity and there being less of a demand?

I am after bits like the fork tube top cup, the proper damper knob washer with the notches, stearing/fork damper star tensioners etc etc.

Old original stuff would be ok too.

Regards
stevepaul

Post by stevepaul »

Have you considered contacting/ joining the Marston Sunbeam Owners Club? I have a 1938 Model 8, one of the first built in Plumstead , I believe. And my understanding is that most parts were transferred from Wolverhampton when Sunbeamland closed so many bits were 'Sunbeam', rather than AMC, right up to the end. The club's spares co-ordinator is Bruce Harrison: email.

brunanjac@supanet.com

Regards.
steve.