Matchless R/S in Spain

Information relating to Matchless and AJS Models built prior to 1939
jmunyoz

Matchless R/S in Spain

Post by jmunyoz »

Hi,

I'm new in this forum. My name is Jorge and I bought a Matchless R/S three months ago.
I have other bikes but this is the oldest by far.
I need information to rebuilt the bike, instructions to know how to drive it and also detailed pictures from a restored bike.

I'd be very please if you can help me with this project.
saltbox alf
Deceased

Re: Matchless R/S in Spain

Post by saltbox alf »

Hola Jorge benvinguts, I do not understand the nombre R/S. What year is it ? Do you mean CRS and do you know what model it is?
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

. Jorge, where did you get the bike from? Looks like a good find. I am sure the pre war enthusiasts will help
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Matchless R/S circa 1928 250 SV.
Jorge, e-mail me via prewar@jampot.com Ask what you want to know, also please give frame & engine numbers.
perhaps also some pictures of your bike. Rob Harknett. AJS & MOC prewar officer.
jmunyoz

Post by jmunyoz »

Thanks for your help and for your welcome in my county language, Valencia.

This bike is very strange in Spain in addition, with a Spanish number plate.
I know part of its history and it was in the same family for years. The son of the owner tried to restore the bike but he wasn't able to restore and took it to friend's garage.

I decided to strip down completely last saturday but some parts were missing, as the exhaust, the chains cover, the rear stand, the oil pump cap, some levers, the contact points cap, etc.
Also there is a driven belt dynamo that was stripped down when I bought the bike and I don't know where it goes, I can't find another pulley in the bike to move the dynamo. Neither I don't know if it must have an oil tank.

how can I attached a picture to show the bike?

I'm also willing to go to UK again during summer and visit a show to see all the details I need to restore the bike.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

It would be easier for us both to talk direct if you contact me on the e mail address I gave you. prewar@jampot.com
I would need to check you bike engine and frame number, so I can sure I am giving you the correct information.
I cannot ask you for these private details in this public forum. The moderator may feel to protect you, he should remove your private details. You should also be able to send pictures, which are also needed. You need to know if anything on your bike is wrong.

Sería más fácil para nosotros, tanto para hablar directa si usted me entra en contacto en el correo electrónico que te di. prewar@jampot.com
Yo tendría que comprobar que motor de la bici y el número de bastidor, así que puedo asegurarme de que te estoy dando la información correcta.
No puedo pedir estos detalles particulares en este foro público. El moderador puede sentir protegerte, debe eliminar tus datos privados. También debe ser capaz de enviar imágenes, que también son necesarios. Usted necesita saber si algo en su bicicleta es erróneo.
jmunyoz

Post by jmunyoz »

Thanks to saltbox alf for you private.

Rob you have more details about the bike in the e-mail and some pictures.