1929 AJS 500cc Single

Information relating to Matchless and AJS Models built prior to 1939
specific+

1929 AJS 500cc Single

Post by specific+ »

Hi Folks,

I was recently contacted by one of my work mates and he lives next door to an elderly lady whose husband had passed away recently.The lady asked my friend if he could help her open a side door to a small shed at the back of the property that had not been open for many years. Upon opening the door my friend was amazed to find a fully restored 1929 AJS 500 residing in the shed, also there were at least 2 spare motors, a frame and several boxes of parts that belonged with the bike.

My workmate knew of my interest in the AJS brand and rang me the same day and I expressed my interest in this machine. He is going to ask the lady if he can take photos for me, I have told him to inform the lady/owner that I may be keen to purchase or at least sell for her for a fair price whenever she feels comfortable and ready.

I wish to know what possible model 500 singles were available from AJS in 1929 ?

I imagine this bike would be relatively rare down here in N.Z.

Regards,
Dean
Rob Harknett

Re: 1929 AJS 500cc Single

Post by Rob Harknett »

I would need to know the frame and engine numbers to confirm year and model, but it is thought unwise to give this information here.
Contact me at prewar@jampot.com Rob Harknett. club prewar officer
McBob

Re: 1929 AJS 500cc Single

Post by McBob »

Hi Dean, just in case you don't know http://www.jampot.co.nz/ to find local enthusiasts