1932 TB6 Wiring

Information relating to Matchless and AJS Models built prior to 1939
nortonman1

1932 TB6 Wiring

Post by nortonman1 »

I am looking for a wiring diagram for a 1932 TB6. Bike is a runner but the wiring has been hacked to bits and left as +ve earth which I don't think is right and doesn't work funnily enough. Have found wiring diagrams for other bikes which are probably right but want to be sure and get this done right. I can be E'd at thetods@btinternet.com
Rob Harknett

Re: 1932 TB6 Wiring

Post by Rob Harknett »

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ns2c6cv3kb5 ... 5.pdf?dl=0
OK so TB6 is a 1932 350 Lightweight AJS, light to be within the weight of the £1-10 shillings rad tax licence. Wiring for the TB6 would just be a plug lead from the mag. A lucus Maglitia lighting set would had been available, if this is fitted to your bike you need the Lucas wiring diagram. Clues of wiring seen via the link above. However all depends on what lighting equipment the machine now has. It is for what you have now, that you need a diagram for. This information is unknown so we cannot advise you.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iyhpc63v4by2 ... n.pdf?dl=0
You may have a simple battery only lighting set, a period system using a 3 brush dynamo, which would need a 4 position half charge resistor type period switch e.g. Off Charge, High, Low. You may have a later 2 brush dynamo with CVC unit. You should see in the 1937 book of the AJS ( link above ) diagrams for both systems. Consider what lighting equipment the bike is now fitted with, from which you should be able to work out which diagram you need.
nortonman1

Post by nortonman1 »

Thanks Rob for the reply.

Looking at what I have I think the wiring I have is the same as I have found in an Ariel book for the wartime WN models. The set up looks totally original on the bike so I will base it on this. There is a regulator box and the two brush dynamo.

I will get on with it once I get the wire ordered and sent up here.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

As I thought you may find. What you have fitted is later than 1931 believe 1937 was the year AJS got 2 brush dynamo with CVC of cause. Check the lighting switch you have and find a diagram to suit that.