New Owner "1926" Matchless T

Information relating to Matchless and AJS Models built prior to 1939
David Wells

New Owner "1926" Matchless T

Post by David Wells »

I am the happy new owner of what is supposed to be a 1926 Matchless T. engine Stamping T-815. So far, my investigations indicate that 1927 may have been the first year for the T. It looks identical to the 1927 shown on the YouTube video, with the exception that mine has the carbide lamps. Can anyone clarify this for me? What is the difference between the T and T Deluxe? I could use some advise as well as to the desired drip rate for the Pilgrim Pump.
Thanks very much
David
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Johnobirches

Re: New Owner "1926" Matchless T

Post by Johnobirches »

Congratulations David - lovely looking bike.

Sorry I can't help with the info though.

Regards
John
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Seems in 1927 the 1926 model L/5 was replaced with the model T. Production of the 1927 range would had started September 1st 1926, to get new 1927 models ready for the London motor cycle show, held about the first week of November, when the new models would be available. So you could get a 1927 model registered late 1926. Bit pushed for time now, have to go to the venue to help prepare for the Jampot rally starting tomorrow. Like wise other club members. So replies may be delayed. In the meantime you could answer your question's via factory literature found here www.archives.jampot.dk
David Wells

Post by David Wells »

John - Thanks - it runs great, just a bit hard on the bum :(
Rob - Thanks for the link to the factory literature - vast wealth of information, thanks for the insight on the age.
David
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Sorry its brief busy week end with our Jampot rally.
I have instruction book/parts list for 1927 model T. Not in archives, remind me next week if its something you have not got.
Rob Harknett Club prewar officer.
David Wells

Post by David Wells »

Rob
The instruction book / parts list would be very useful.
Hope the rally went well.
Thanks
David
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

http://archives.jampot.dk/book/Spares_l ... s_List.pdf
Here's the link for the 1927 Matchless model T & T2 Instruction / Parts list book David. As a matter of interest, many of the fittings for this 1927 Matchless, are available from club spares. If you look at the parts list section of the book, you will note pt. no's are prefixed with letters. Where you see S.T.D. prefixing a number, drop the STD and replace it with as many zero's needed, to make it a six digit number. e.g. S.T.D. 5 becomes new part number 000005. You can check club spares if it is in stock.
David Wells

Post by David Wells »

Rob
thanks very much.
Very much appreciated.
David