ajs model 12

Information relating to Matchless and AJS Models built prior to 1939
vintage honda

ajs model 12

Post by vintage honda »

hi new to your site, also new to having a A.J.S bike, i purchased the one of ebay last weekend.found the engine number, can someone tell me where to look for the frame number.
the bike has its miller ammeter, miller horn, and miller tail light,missing the headlamp rim, but i have one of those i think, the handlebars are complete with all the built in controls, which was taped over, which is a very nice find. i think the reg number could be ckp 757
i got this for a future rebuild.alan
Rob Harknett

ajs model 12

Post by Rob Harknett »

Find the frame number on the right hand side of the bike, at the back end of ther tube that runs under the petrol tank.
I beleive the bike was an early 1936/12
CKP would be a kent reg. no issued between March to July 1936.
vintage honda

ajs model 12

Post by vintage honda »

thanks will have a look tomorrow. alan
vintage honda

ajs model 12

Post by vintage honda »

hi, has any one made the tool box for the right side,or has a spare one for sale, where would i find a wiring chart , this is one with a coil. gave the bike a good clean this week, took off the primary case to find there was no primary chain, the engine has been soaking all week, put a spanner on the nut it turned. so it now turn's over, i put a chain on it, so now it kicks over.front forks are well worn,has any one any pics of this model 12/36, with the correct handlebars on.alanEdited by - vintage honda on 03 Dec 2011 3:56:01 PM
Rob Harknett

ajs model 12

Post by Rob Harknett »

I thought I sent you pictures, also where to find this info.
If not e mail me at prewar@jampot.com,
for wiring diagram pic's and anything else.
People have been looking for correct handlebars for years, bars and parts have been made, but I guess all sold now.