Stolen AJS 1928 K1

Information relating to Matchless and AJS Models built prior to 1939
Eamonn
Webmaster

Stolen AJS 1928 K1

Post by Eamonn »

I've just posted a picture of a bike stolen on the 9th December 2011.
Click here for picture

Police are appealing for information after an 80 year old motorbike was stolen from a shed in Lunesdale.

Between 8pm on December 9 and 10am the following day, somebody broke into the shed of a property in Cowan Bridge and stole the AJS 1928 K1 motorcycle.

The bike had belonged to the victim's late husband and it had been left in the shed since the 1950s with the intention of it being a retirement project for their son.

PC Ben Hanley said: "This bike holds great sentimental value to the family and we want to do all we can to return it to them.

"If anybody has any information about this burglary or knows of the whereabouts of the motorbike then I would urge them to contact police."

Anybody with any information can contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or on-line at Crimestoppers-uk.org.

No personal details are taken, information is not traced or recorded and you will not go to court.

Corners like a Lego man
bigwol

Stolen AJS 1928 K1

Post by bigwol »

Oh what a shame! Unfortunately it is likely to end up at the scrap metal yard. All i keep hearing about at the moment are break ins and burglarys! At this time of year it is even more important than ususal to make sure you lock up and keep your wits about you.
It's all just riding motorbikes
GOLDSTAR

Stolen AJS 1928 K1

Post by GOLDSTAR »

more 'shopping tonight' eh? kind regards
Rob Harknett

Stolen AJS 1928 K1

Post by Rob Harknett »

At best this complete original machine will end up sold in bits. Unlike a pile of postwar single parts, this machine or parts could be more easily be spoted. I was informed very quickly by the police, via the club web site, I informed the prewar e group. A very small lead is being investigated. Keep your eyes open lads.
wilko

Stolen AJS 1928 K1

Post by wilko »

As i said in another site, this one looks like it needed stealing to save it! Doesn't look too loved to me!
bigwol

Stolen AJS 1928 K1

Post by bigwol »

Loved or neglected wilco it belonged to someone. Regardless of how well loved it was it did not give the thieving scum the right to help themselves. I'm not sure about your neck of the woods but motor cycle theft, classic or modern, is a major problem here and a lot of the machines are either stripped for spares or shipped out of the country so not opportunist joy riders but organised professionals. Perhaps if the penalties for such callous disregard for others property were more of a deterent there would be less of it.
The eastern form of justice of chopping off of hands springs to mind, but of course would never be adopted in a civilised society.
Maybe we could re-introduce deportation?
It's all just riding motorbikes
bjork

Stolen AJS 1928 K1

Post by bjork »

quote:
Maybe we could re-introduce deportation?

Did you mean transportation? i.e. as a threat to Wilko?

Agreed that mutilation is too good for 'em though. And yes as Rob says we should keep our eyes open, particularly overseas, as I bet that's where it'll be headed. If it does end up at a scrap yard, I hope they recognise its real worth.
Using yesterdays technology to create tomorrows problems today