AJS Stormer 250cc - Article - Motorcycle Mechanics Feb 1969.

Information on the Stormer 2-stroke machines

Re: AJS Stormer - Article - Motorcycle Mechanics Feb 1969

Post by 242017 »

Yes I read that as well in Roy Bacons book....Not a lot of truth in that either.....seems a lot of bad research and old wives tails...with then become "accepted fact"....
Cjay59_LAPSED

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

A
Last edited by Cjay59_LAPSED on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 242017 »

Dear Cliff,

Unlike you I grew up in the sixties and watched Chris Horsefield,Vic Eastwood and Dave Nicol on the tv and sometimes live....

When my turn came to ride it had all changed and the two strokes ruled the roost......Didnt help much that I was also in the army and I was never in the UK anyway

So when I moved to Danmark and could actualy afford things and not have to sell a bike to buy a bike I started to ride,first by borrowing Ken Odlins Metisse in England and then getting my greedy paws on a G85cs...I became Eric Cheneys Importer to scandinavia as a hobby and made up a Matchless Cheney too

So after about twenty five years of racing these bikes Im just about getting the hang of it.....No offence meant by my remarks about two strokes....Im a bit of a home grown cynic and Im glad someone loves them

And my other bike for all its sins is a 450 KTM "Four stroke" of course!!

Yes I do hope the long awaited P11 book doesnt fall into the old hairy stories of a Metisse copy....
A P11 is only a tarted up G85cs missing all the good bits.....the engine,GP carb and the back wheel.....

The yanks never did know a good bike even if it bit them and they changed the 21 inch wm1 front wheel for a 19 inch wm2 and fitted a wider tyre to go sand racing!!!!....it took them a long time to catch up with riding moto cross and by the way the USA team rode in the Des de nations this year they havnt found out how to do it yet.
Best Wishes Geoff
Cjay59_LAPSED

Re: AJS Stormer 250cc - Article - Motorcycle Mechanics Feb 1

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

A