Hello to all

Information on the Stormer 2-stroke machines
mickwells63

Re: Hello to all

Post by mickwells63 »

Wow thanks for the very kind offer Cliff. I will have to bite your hand off this time. I did see the picture of this bike previously but would have not known it was a quite scarce model being ex display team and all. my mates father was in an army display team in the 60s , they used triumph 500s and single cylinder bsa 441s? victor maybe b50. I one owned a B44 4 speed thumper. The nice old guy (Rod) at lee bros reckons my speedo may be from an triumph adventurer but not certain. he used to race in the 60s period with his brother, they had a shop in sowerby bridge that was the biggest dealer in the north at one point in the 70s. Supplied all the jap 2 strokes but previously sold the usual british stuff normally second hand they would have sold ajs too although not the 2 stroke stuff. Thanks for info on the speedo. Just another little question here Cliff. Is it normal for the ajay to nearly stall from cold running with lights on? The bike ran fine with lights on when engine warm but seemed to suffer on sparks being robbed when engine cold. my bike has a battery fitted (to relieve the lights ) I presume. Well big 5 OH birthday tommorow. Yippee. See you all soon
Cjay59_LAPSED

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

A
Last edited by Cjay59_LAPSED on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mickwells63

Post by mickwells63 »

Hi Cliff, Good point. I also got around to this question. Hodaka has same type of battery coil arrangement. I do not know Just yet wether 6v or 12v> I will get the old multi meter out and test it. I do think the battery may be there to run the horn. More investigation needed.....
Cjay59_LAPSED

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

A
Last edited by Cjay59_LAPSED on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mickwells63

Post by mickwells63 »

Hi Cliff, Interestingly enough, the bike runs 12v on bulbs, when the bike was idling today( started 3rd kick) must be getting the "knack" I read between 5 and 6 volts read on A/C meter revving the bike could produce nearly 11v ? mmm. I took the reading from the white colour coded coil wire that runs into (feeds the HT coil). Had a few beers on birthday going ice skating on saturday with the rest of my colleagues at royal mail. (DODGY) Then Ireland with the wife for bday break on bank holiday for 3 days forward. I will also need to check carb size , series 2 at a guess with larger size at it looks quite newish? and expensive..
I do live at 29 cooperfields Luddedenfoot, Halifax, West Yorkshire. HX2 6AT. Thanks
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

A late input, never got on well with two strokes, but your motorcycle looks great to me.

Johnny B
mickwells63

Post by mickwells63 »

Hi Johnny, never too late to join the party. Thanks for the input. Mick
Cjay59_LAPSED

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

A
Last edited by Cjay59_LAPSED on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mickwells63

Post by mickwells63 »

Hi Cliff, Thank you millions for the cable. It did arrive this morning. I have a thought with my old cable it is only the inner that is broken, Perhaps I can get an inner from venhill say then just solder the ball nipple on at the correct length? Then I can send it to you in return. Could be feasible especially as it seems AJS might not have any more clutch cables left. They have certainly not answered any emails I have sent. I can get a good luck at the bike after the mini break. Flying to Cork then driving to Jeremiahs cottage The lake Cromane upper Killorgin County Kerry. I am looking forward to the drive as I reckon the scenery will be stunning. Nearly as good as Yorkshire even... Thanks again Cliff
Mick
Cjay59_LAPSED

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

A
Last edited by Cjay59_LAPSED on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.