Hello to all

Information on the Stormer 2-stroke machines
mickwells63

Re: Hello to all

Post by mickwells63 »

ajs control lights etc.jpg
aj rear wheel spdrive.jpg
More pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mickwells63

Post by mickwells63 »

The pic of bike in VW awsome not much room for the driver though. :lol:
Cjay59_LAPSED

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

A
Last edited by Cjay59_LAPSED on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cjay59_LAPSED

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

A
Last edited by Cjay59_LAPSED on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cjay59_LAPSED

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

A
Last edited by Cjay59_LAPSED on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cjay59_LAPSED

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

A
Last edited by Cjay59_LAPSED on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mickwells63

Post by mickwells63 »

Picture 002.jpg
Thanks for the info cliff. I managed to adjust the clutch and chain today. Quite easy really. I have some pics of the hodaka here although i suppose not appropiate for this site but it is a vintage stroker anyhow. 1970. Just needs a little more tuning etc (carb) gearbox selector adjustment. To make a very pretty little bike. Back to the ajs I could really do with the black smiths speedo as I feel it is made for my drive, Does your smiths speedo have a code at the top or bottom printed on the dial. then I can look for one on ebay. I noted your speedo goes up to 120 whilst my only goes to 80. Or maybe this speedo was fitted originally? I dont know but I do know it is not very accurate. I have posted a pic of the side stand too. Just waiting for the good weather to start up here in the north to ride the bike.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mickwells63

Post by mickwells63 »

Just to say used the ajay today for work today took a stroll on it after work around the side roads here. Great fun (apart from school run people) . Was having a whale of a time until the clutch cable broke about 3 miles from home (crying smiley face image here) MMM... As the bike was still running I decided to run the gauntlet. HA HA nothing beats me (or so I thought until trying to get across Burnley road a real main road here. It would have been russian roulette played with a six gun with six bullets in. Yep so sensibly stalled bike went accross road pushed then started her up and tried to sort of ram it into gear with a short run. This did not work and the bike kept stalling. So not to cause serious damage to bike (only my legs I pushed the bugger home) not bad only a mile. Well did it but I am wheezing like some old time steam train. I do have recovery. But not on me (contact numbers etc at that precise moment) The moral of the story is boys and girls (and I should know better) Is to be well prepared like a boy scout and carry (somewhere) a clutch and throttle cable plus associated small tools or you might be "Knackered" like me on a little jaunty. I can laugh about it now I have a beer in my hand with tyhe prospect of a hot bath to ease the aches. Ha ha. takes me back to my youth alright . Right back as I remember pushing bikes around a lot then too. I have looked on ajs stormer/ajs website only seem to stock the venner diy cable. looks like that may be my only option now for replacement clutch cable as they dont seem to have the just fits cable. Ah the joys of motorcycling. See you all soon. Thanks
Cjay59_LAPSED

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

A
Last edited by Cjay59_LAPSED on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cjay59_LAPSED

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

A
Last edited by Cjay59_LAPSED on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.