AJS Stormer - The Villiers Metisse - Cycle World August 1966

Information on the Stormer 2-stroke machines
Cjay59_LAPSED

AJS Stormer - The Villiers Metisse - Cycle World August 1966

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

A
Last edited by Cjay59_LAPSED on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cjay59_LAPSED

Re: AJS Stormer - The Villiers Metisse - Cycle World August

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

A
Last edited by Cjay59_LAPSED on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dave25

Post by Dave25 »

Thanks for that Cliff, very interesting and another example of "what might have been if only...."

There are a couple of Rickman Starmakers that turn out at Pre-65 Motocross Club events from time to time, very nice and they go well too. They race in the Pre-65 class against mostly four-strokes but they are up against Greeves Challengers and the occasional Cotton Cobra, and more than hold their own.

There's also a Rickman Montesa that races in the Pre-74 class, he's very fast, and I will be up against him when I get back into action on my Stormer - Ulp!

I'd be very interested to see how an unbiased and very good rider (so not me!) would rate the Rickman and Stormer chassis against each other. On the one hand the Rickman Brothers made their reputation from building superb frames, and on the other most people (including the late Malcolm Davis) reckon the Stormer handles excellently. Wonder if I could arrange for such a comparion somehow?

Thanks again for another interesting post

Dave
Cjay59_LAPSED

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

A
Last edited by Cjay59_LAPSED on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave25

Post by Dave25 »

The next Pre-65 meeting is on 25th August, the bank holiday weekend. If I can get along to it I'll take some photos and post them here.

best regards
Dave