AJS Stormers at the Pre-65 Motocross Club

Information on the Stormer 2-stroke machines
Dave25

AJS Stormers at the Pre-65 Motocross Club

Post by Dave25 »

The Pre-65 Motocross Club held a race meeting at Maylandsea, Essex, on August 25th 2013. It followed a day of absolutely torrential rain, and as the track is very low lying and easily flooded I think a lot of people either expected the meeting to be cancelled or didn't fancy racing in the likely conditions. In any event the numbers attending were much lower than I'd seen at previous meetings this year.

Even so, there were a few AJS Stormers and Starmaker-engined bikes to be seen

First up was this slightly cosmetically-challenged 250, which I was told had recently been dragged out of a garage after a three-year lay-up. The new owner said he wanted to try it out before spending much money restoring it.

I next saw this nice 250 with a downpipe. It's wearing NJB shocks, one of the cheaper makes available, but the owner spoke highly of them and of the excellent service from NJB

Next was this yellow 370 using plastic mudguards and Falcon shocks. The owner said that he also has a 250 but hadn't brought that to the meeting.

Last Stormer I saw was this very clean 250 with a downpipe, black head and barrel and an alloy tank.

There was this Rickman Starmaker Metisse looking very nice in black, with the early Starmaker engine notable for the “coarse” finning on head and barrel.

This dark green one has a later engine with “finer”finning, looking much more like a Stormer head and barrel

Finally a bike I'd never seen before and never previously heard of. The owner told me it is a Kestrel, which was apparently developed by and for Chris Horsfield, though I can't find any information about such a bike on the web.

rex.webb

Re: AJS Stormers at the Pre-65 Motocross Club

Post by rex.webb »

! OOOOOOOOO !
ALL that TWO STROKE SMELL !
I am sure i can smell it from here .
RIDE with CARE and LIVE LONG to ENJOY your Bike,s and Scooter,s .
On and OFF the ROAD .
r w webb