Chiltern resurrection - 7th Oct

Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

Following a period of inactivity in the Chilterns, two members have come forward with some proposals to resurrect the section and its activities.

Dennis Eglington and Mike Viney have surveyed several pubs in the area and have come to the conclusion that the best one for us would be the Carriers Arms in Watlington, South Oxon.

www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/25/25770/Carriers_Arms

The pub has a nice carpark, seating outside as well as inside, and is still a proper pub that does some food. They even play darts there.

A range of beers and a pint costs £2.60 with reductions to £2.00 on special nights. The landlady is very friendly and will welcome us.

The pub can be tricky to find - once you see the fish and chip shop in the village turn into the small side road next to the shop, the pub is a few hundred yards on from the junction.

The intention is for the club night to be the first Wednesday of each month and moving on to the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays if there is enough interest.

First meeting to be 7th October starting at 7:45pm. If you're in the locality and can make it along you will be most welcome. I'll be wearing my dark green Chiltern section sweatshirt so you be able to identify me easily!
Corners like a Lego man
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

I'd like to think there will be more than just three people at this event!

Let's not let the enthusiasm to resurrect this section drift away. If you live in the locality and have never been to a section meeting before - it's very informal, plenty of time for a drink and a chat with like-minded folk.

We look forward to seeing you.......
Corners like a Lego man
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

Braving the inclemant weather we had approx 20 people attending the pub last night. With lots of discussions on a wide range of bike related topics, we will be meeting on the 1st Wednesday evening November to repeat the experience. Hopefully we'll get a write up in section notes before then as well...

Special thanks to the East Berks members who came along to lend their support!
Corners like a Lego man