Local group members

saltbox alf
Deceased

Re: Local group members

Post by saltbox alf »

I thought that it had been a gov incentive (blair n co ) to get all UK on t'internet, fibre optic an all. There are 50 million odd grannies on the net so why not a few more club members?????
I sincerely hope that some don't think it's a closed section that is inhabited by a band of close pals.
Even we who use the forum at present are a widely spaced an diverse bunch and would welcome sore input from others.
It would be good to have some story's, reports of ride outs and general talk, even if it might seen banal to the writer, I can assure people , their thoughts and experiences are not such.

For example..... what did you do to your bike today or this week? Or what have you in mind to do?

When you have 3,000 or so members and 40 using the forum regulary????
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

Possibly most of the grannies are not club members and probably more than 40 members view the forum but can't be bothered to comment. My comments quite often kill a subject!
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

MikeM. wrote:My comments quite often kill a subject!

'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

..... what did you do to your bike today

Fettled after their winter sleep,now want some warm weather. :D :D :D
Chemists do it with test tubes
Janet

Post by Janet »

saltbox alf wrote: Even we who use the forum at present are a widely spaced an diverse bunch and would welcome sore input from others.
I can get sore enough on my own without input from others.
It would be good to have some story's, reports of ride outs and general talk, even if it might seen banal to the writer, I can assure people , their thoughts and experiences are not such.

For example..... what did you do to your bike today or this week? Or what have you in mind to do?
Especially now that the Jampot magazine is changing to include professional journalism resulting in the space available for the standard club member's contributions being reduced. Also, if club members are already reluctant to send in their articles because they think they're not good enough, there may be even fewer sent in if they feel they are being compared with professional writers. Rather than lose it altogether, I'd love to see their experiences and thoughts published on the forum. For those without a computer, I'd be willing to type it up for them.
When you have 3,000 or so members and 40 using the forum regulary????
Perhaps the rest of them are out on their bikes.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

[/quote] Especially now that the Jampot magazine is changing to include professional journalism resulting in the space available for the standard club member's contributions being reduced. Also, if club members are already reluctant to send in their articles because they think they're not good enough, there may be even fewer sent in if they feel they are being compared with professional writers. Rather than lose it altogether, I'd love to see their experiences and thoughts published on the forum. For those without a computer, I'd be willing to type it up.

The professional input was a temp measure as members don't write did not also notice the lack of letters.It's not because we don't want them to, we want the opposite and urge them to write. Or we could have just left the pages blank.
Roy
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

I think you'll find that professional input was used as a temp measure because we had nothing from members at all, only 1 letter and I asked for that one to be put in. The temp editorial crew desperately require members write ups no matter how banal they may think they are.
Please send any material in, we can't and won't guarantee that it will all go in the mag on a certain month but it may well provide us with surplus material we can use if we run short on some months, subject to it being date relative.
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

saltbox alf wrote: Even we who use the forum at present are a widely spaced an diverse bunch and would welcome sore input from others.

I can get sore enough on my own without input from others.
:rofl: I really wonder how I get by in life!!! ever though of being an editor Janet? At least for my rubbish spelling :rofl:

What I did today, so far now't on bike, but am doing the demand for french registration ,having received the attestations for the Matchy and Ajay that they are recognised as historic vehicles in France :beer:
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
Grawding

Post by Grawding »

MMM it would appear from the lack of further local response that yourself, Janet and I are the only local contributors, with honorary input from other wannabe Yorkshire folk :lol:

See you at Wednesday's meeting :beer:
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.
Albert Einstein.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

I've once journeyed down to the East Riding section, but made the mistake of doing so on a night when a run was being held.

I'd already had one.

There was no free beer or food, so I came home.

Same with a trip to Otley 25 years ago.

Same Matchless

Johnny B

Ho ho.