Local group members

matchless morini man
Deceased

Re: Local group members

Post by matchless morini man »

Two of us travel from Whitby to quite a few runs through the summer, I'm leading a mystery trip in August to the northern reaches of north yorks starting in pickering, if you fancy joining us in the next 25years give us a shout.
clive

Post by clive »

just catching up with this thread
SPRIDDLER wrote:First service due now. The dealer collects it, services it, and delivers it back to me, leaving me time to clean the oven :headbang:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

famous last words sprid written at the beginning of april :evil:
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
clive

Post by clive »

Merlin wrote:..... what did you do to your bike today

Fettled after their winter sleep,now want some warm weather. :D :D :D
Monday I popped down to Somerset from London, before I started the bike looked like this

Major hailstorm and torrential rain encountered on the way. Sheltered, with bike in a bus shelter when it began to penetrate my new jacket. Then on the return journey the next day I thought I would take a detour along a gentle Byway I have ridden before. Forgot about the hailstorm. One mile in it turned into a series of deep, full track width puddles. I had forgotten about the steep downhill section which now was slippery mud all the way. I was relieved to reach the bottom where it levelled out only to find two 40 yard puddles between deep tractor ruts. Tried walking the middle but it was deep mud so went through one side of the track. Interesting change in exhaust note as the silencer went under water.

When I got home the bike looked like this

clive
bunners

Post by bunners »

OOP's, I do like clean bikes but, it does look like it is used as intended. I hasten to add, not a trip I would contemplate on a bike of that vintage, four wheels, air con, leather trim, roof down and ZZ top on the system. heaven. :|
If there is life after Death whats the point of dying in the first place.
Janet

Post by Janet »

clive wrote:
Merlin wrote:..... what did you do to your bike today
Monday I popped down to Somerset from London, .........
................ One mile in it turned into a series of deep, full track width puddles. I had forgotten about the steep downhill section which now was slippery mud all the way. I was relieved to reach the bottom where it levelled out only to find two 40 yard puddles between deep tractor ruts. Tried walking the middle but it was deep mud so went through one side of the track.
Sounds like the WWHo. ;)
clive

Post by clive »

Ah but it was all done in the daylight Janet
clive