I'm new - Hello

JohnChell

I'm new - Hello

Post by JohnChell »

Jampot1.JPG
:) I've just joined Jampot, I joined today because I bought my first Matchless, indeed my first British bike yesterday. I am based in Scunthorpe & work in Hull so it looks like this is my nearest local section. so,

HELLO EVERYONE :D :D :D :D :beer: :beer:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rob Harknett

Re: I'm new - Hello

Post by Rob Harknett »

Welcome to the club. I believe The Poachers that meet near Skegness are further away to the south east from you.
Grawding

Post by Grawding »

Hi welcome to the club, the East Yorkshire branch meets in Driffield at the Bell Hotel on the first Wednesday of every month, you are more than welcome to join us, but Rob is probably right Skegness is slightly closer and their runs will be on more familiar territory. We do now and again have one or two runs from the Humber Bridge and have a number of members living in Hull (myself in Willerby) and the surrounding areas so keep in touch. Lovely bike, I too moved into my first British bike only a couple of years ago and ride my AJS more than the others now, so enjoy.

Glenn.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.
Albert Einstein.
Janet

Post by Janet »

Driffield is the nearest section meeting place to Scunthorpe.
Grawding

Post by Grawding »

I stand corrected 60 miles to Skeggy from Scunny and 40 miles to Diff via the Humber Bridge and the toll :headbang: or 55 miles toll free via Swinefleet, Goole and Howden. Anyway John you are more than welcome.

:beer:

Head banging for Cars, bikes go for free :D
Albert Einstein.
JohnChell

Post by JohnChell »

I ride to work in Hull most days, using a late 80s GTR1000 at the moment, but I only moved to the area last August. I'm getting to know the area around Scunny / Hull as that's the area I see most f at the moment. Bikes on the Bridge are fine, they just let you ride through the tag lane.
Grawding

Post by Grawding »

Not been across since the new tag system, prior to that even though it was free for a bike you had to stop and wait at the booth for the OK to go through. That's good news that you can now ride straight through. You will be welcome on either bike on our runs, we like to get some bikes of the marque on the runs but some because of age chose to ride more modern machines or due to essential maintenance are between machines or run alternative machines Velos, BSAs, Triumphs BMWs etc.
Albert Einstein.
poplargreg

Post by poplargreg »

JohnChell wrote:
Jampot1.JPG
:) I am based in Scunthorpe & work in Hull so it looks like this is my nearest local section. so,

HELLO EVERYONE :D :D :D :D :beer: :beer:
The previous incarnation of this forum used to censor "Scunthorpe" if was mentioned (and pussycat!)
:)
Matt Durkin

Post by Matt Durkin »

Hey up !! , from another Scunthorpe member. (Ferry Rd/Sheffield Park) ;)

I am however not mobile yet, I'm mid project.
rudelan_LAPSED

Post by rudelan_LAPSED »

Welcome ! Very nice bike :-)
Life is beautiful and you have to enjoy it