Registering my model 8

KeithYoung52

Registering my model 8

Post by KeithYoung52 »

Can anyone advise on this particular problem.
Just before Christmas I purchased an AJS Model 8 from Lussoveloce a classic bike dealer. It was delivered with what appears to be it's original registration and matching V5. I taxed it as an historic vehicle using the V5 stub left by the dealer. I've now had a letter from DVLA saying they cannot register it in my name as the bike was exported in 2017, according to their records it is still exported. I have written to Lussoveloce and explained the problem and am still waiting for a reply.
Has anyone any experience of this sort of thing?
spitfire

Re: Registering my model 8

Post by spitfire »

Web capture_9-1-2021_125618_vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk.jpeg
Is this your bike? There is a picture of it on their website showing the registration number. As you can see its taxed untill november,so its not exported. You need to print this of and show it to the dvla, theres been a mistake somewhere along the line. This was not its original registration number, it was re registered in september 2002 and given this number.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KeithYoung52

Post by KeithYoung52 »

Yes, this is my bike. I taxed it using the V5 stub left by dealer. The dealer has come back to me now and has undertaken to resolve my problem with registration at no cost to myself. Relatively happy now. I assumed the 2002 date was the date it was registered as an historic bike, the dates fit.
spitfire

Post by spitfire »

Glad to hear you are now getting it sorted out. The date of first registration being 2002 can mean one of two things. The owner could have sold the original registration number of and then had it re registered with an age related number, or it could have been restored in 2002 having been layed up for a number of years with the original log book having been lost over time it would have had to have been re registered with an age related number.
The ajs model 8 was only ever made for about three years from september 1959 untill july 1962.