Hurricane engine transfer on '65 G12CS replica

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
Baggers

Hurricane engine transfer on '65 G12CS replica

Post by Baggers »

I am currently nearly finished my '62 G12CS replica. The guy who is doing the tank is having a lot of problems with the 'Hurricane engine' transfer. He has tried three from the Spares scheme (part no 009208) and all of them will not adhere properly to the tank prior to lacquering. He has had no problems with any other waterslide transfers and he is a professional bike spray painter with over 30 years experience in the trade.
My questions are relatively simple:-

1) Should a G!2CS have such a transfer on it? It's not a replica of a home or export model if that makes a difference.
2) Classic Transfers list a 'Hurricane' transfer but it appears not to say 'engine' in silver underneath. Could this be the one I need?

The bike itself is a replica (it was a G12CSR) but I'd like it to be as close as possible to the real thing.

Thanks in advance
Pete
ajscomboman

Re: Hurricane engine transfer on '65 G12CS replica

Post by ajscomboman »

No idea why they won't stick, I've had no trouble with the ones I've had from the club, and yes a 65 should have one and with engine under it.

Now that's interesting, I was convinced that from 60 on the CS and CSR had the transfer BUT I can only find it listed in the 60 parts list for CS models despite both variants using the same motor.

Despite that I still fit them as it looks good on the tank!
matchless

Post by matchless »

I thought the Hurricane was an AJS and the Matchless was a Monarch. My 58 AJS 30CS is listed as a Hurricane.
Regards............Dave
JEAN-NOEL

Post by JEAN-NOEL »

Hello,
I agree vith David : Hurricane were AJAY, Monarch were Matchies.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

ajscomboman wrote:No idea why they won't stick, I've had no trouble with the ones I've had from the club, and yes a 65 should have one and with engine under it.

Now that's interesting, I was convinced that from 60 on the CS and CSR had the transfer BUT I can only find it listed in the 60 parts list for CS models despite both variants using the same motor.

Despite that I still fit them as it looks good on the tank!
Bit of a trick question here Rob. Title says 1965 G12CS text says, Just finished 1962 G12CS replica. ........ should the 1962 G12CS have a transfer, no. There was no 1962 G12CS was there ???? You only found it listed in the 1960 parts list Rob, because after 1960 the G12CS was discontinued. So question now is what year is the bike really a replica of ???? It cannot be a called a replica of a bike that did not exist. So how can it ever get it to look like a non existent real thing ( Or am I having another off day again and missed something )