2006 Engine Problum

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
markm

2006 Engine Problum

Post by markm »

Hi all
i have a problum with the engin that when it is cold it will start with chocke on but as soon as you move of and have full throtel on it runs then when you come to a junction it will stall unless you have full troatel but when it is hot it over revs or just dies at junctions 2
What would you suggest i have tried cleaning the carb adjusting all the screw on the carb. if anyone can give me a suggestion 2 what they should be set at
AJS Regal Raptor 125 DD E 2006
NoodleHead

2006 Engine Problum

Post by NoodleHead »

Thats a difficult one markm. On the face of it it sounds like a fuel/air mixture problem or air filter blocked. Settings can slightly change from bike to bike. What model bike is yours?
NoodleHead

2006 Engine Problum

Post by NoodleHead »

For some good info and solving most problems you can try Johnny Pag/Regal Raptor forum at: alternativecruisers.com. Spyder is the name of the bikes in US. They are the same as the regal raptor and are distributed by customiser Johnny Pag. AJS are the agent/distributer for Regal Raptor in UK.
markm

2006 Engine Problum

Post by markm »

it is a ajs regal raptor dd125 e 2006 Model
NoodleHead

2006 Engine Problum

Post by NoodleHead »

I'v got the DD125E-5 Eos model fitted with the 300cc engine. Carb settings are very similar to 125. Carb Air mixture screws screwed out one and half turns. Try also checking engine valve clearances 0.08mm inlet and 0.15mm exhaust.
markm

2006 Engine Problum

Post by markm »

which screw is the air mixture and which is the fuel you have 1 on the side of the carb and the other one is under the carb (which you cant get to with out taking the carb of or using a drill size screw bit
Thanks
NoodleHead

2006 Engine Problum

Post by NoodleHead »

one mixture slotted head screw on each carb. Under at the front. Short 75mm length screwdiver required. Turn screw in to seat it then out one and half turns.