Speedo Light

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
markm

Speedo Light

Post by markm »

Hi All How do you open the speedo up to change the light bulb on an ajs regal raptor 125 dd e
Thanks
Mark
AJS Regal Raptor 125 DD E 2006
G15 Roy

Speedo Light

Post by G15 Roy »

Hi Mark can we have a bit more information in your profile about yourself as this will encourage others to help you.
Roy
rex.webb

Speedo Light

Post by rex.webb »

HI WHO is that trying my picture ??
r w webb
SPRIDDLER

Speedo Light

Post by SPRIDDLER »

I notice that on the main importer's website they refer you back here for the Owners' Club but there are few owners of these machines who visit here.

http://www.ajsmotorcycles.co.uk/new_AJS/docs/main.htm

You are well up in the North of Scotland but don't you have a local bike workshop where you could drop in and ask?
Presumably your nearest dealers, Andrew Hart Motorcycles in Dundee (100 miles away!!) or DRRC at Muir of Ord (90 miles) won't help you. I know it's a long ride but you could phone....?
There's also a Haynes manual for the generic 125cc 'Chinese Motorcycles' which may cover yours. It's here:

http://www.haynes.co.uk/Press/Releases_ ... elease.htm

Failing that I suggest you raise this difficulty with Nick Andrews at AJS Head Office:
AJS Motorcycles Ltd.
Goodworth Clatford,
Andover,
Hants,
SP11 7RP
United Kingdom.

Tel: 01264 710 074
and 01264 711 160

There was a young lady asking on here recently if she should buy a Chinese Ajay.....Edited by - SPRIDDLER on 13 Aug 2012 09:27:08 AM
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
markm

Speedo Light

Post by markm »

Hi There Thanks for your help contacted ajs and they said that there is a screw in the trip meter tap that i hadnt realised on so will have a look and give that a go
AJS Regal Raptor 125 DD E 2006
SPRIDDLER

Speedo Light

Post by SPRIDDLER »

It's a shame, but from postings on here for help with basic maintenance it seems there isn't, at the very least, an Owner's Manual supplied with these bikes.
ajscomboman

Speedo Light

Post by ajscomboman »

Neville

There is a manual with these bikes but you must be well versed in Chinglish. They are very basic giving only oil, brake and chain adjustment. If you're lucky some will have elec specs but that's about it.
stevewatkin

Speedo Light

Post by stevewatkin »

That bike is going to be almost the same as the 125 Rebel, I bet. Most stuff on mine, a 250 from the same year, is the same as the 250 Rebel. So, well worth getting hold of the Haynes workshop manual for the 125 Rebel and using the info in that.
AJS DD250E-9B (2006)
Orpington, Kent
SPRIDDLER

Speedo Light

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Well done, Steve - that's the sort of info needed.

quote: you must be well versed in Chinglish
It never ceases to amaze me that in this digitally global world sellers of Chinese made products don't know someone competent who will proof-read their ritelature.Edited by - SPRIDDLER on 13 Aug 2012 8:07:50 PM
Wumpletoad

Speedo Light

Post by Wumpletoad »

"Well done, Steve - that's the sort of info needed." says Spriddler.

Well, not a modern AJS but an elderly Matchless speedo light question - I hope it won't cause eruptions on the forum. Probably not worth a new thread.

How can I determine my speed at night? The 100-120mph part of the scale is adequately illuminated but the G80 has a profound reluctance to attain this velocity with a 3W bulb. The performance of which the machine is capable lies in the region of total darkness within the chronometrics so I'm wondering whether to fit a supercharger or brighter bulb.

What does the team think?