modern AJS

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
Colin F

modern AJS

Post by Colin F »

quote:
Went into the biggest motorcycle dealer in Huddersfield today have a look around and to buy a tube of Clear Instant Gasket (no, I'm not using it anywhere near the engine etc.) and was surprised to be told "We don't sell that sort of thing anymore, no call for it, no-one works on their own stuff these days". A sign of the times...

I got it from Halfords in the end

I went to buy an oil filter from Halfords for my G3 (a Saggers conversion) armed with a part number for the filter. Halfords could only supply to make and model of car it was originally fitted to, they had no conversion books to convert part number from another manufacturer to their own filters. I got the filter from a "proper" parts supplier in the end!
bigwol

modern AJS

Post by bigwol »

quote:
quote:
Went into the biggest motorcycle dealer in Huddersfield today have a look around and to buy a tube of Clear Instant Gasket (no, I'm not using it anywhere near the engine etc.) and was surprised to be told "We don't sell that sort of thing anymore, no call for it, no-one works on their own stuff these days". A sign of the times...

I got it from Halfords in the end

I went to buy an oil filter from Halfords for my G3 (a Saggers conversion) armed with a part number for the filter. Halfords could only supply to make and model of car it was originally fitted to, they had no conversion books to convert part number from another manufacturer to their own filters. I got the filter from a "proper" parts supplier in the end!

Which car application was your filter Colin? My cartridge filter turned out to be for a Simca 1100, not made for about 30 yrs either!
It's all just riding motorbikes