Hello from a new Eos owner!

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
Johnny Cider

Hello from a new Eos owner!

Post by Johnny Cider »

Hello all!
I'm John and I'm now the proud owner of a 2009 Eos 250.
I paid a little over £800 for it off a 'popular' online auction site...
It's done just over 600 miles and so the first thing was to drop it to my regular bike mech for a service and once over...
It was running a little rough but I put that down to the need for a service,
It then transpires that the right hand cat had been somewhat butchered and gutted so had no back pressure which caused the running problem.
After talking to James and Nick at AJS they managed to supply a new exhaust assembly for me so off I went to SP11 7RP to collect it and get it to my mech ASAP.
Then the old lambda sensor was too small for the fitting on the new pipe, so yesterday I managed to get a single wire universal sensor with M18 thread from my local motor factors.
Hopefully being fitted today and working for the weekend!(?)
That's my first week of AJS ownership and I'm staying optimistically philosophical!
I love the look of the bike and it rides fantastic, very comfortable, and I'm 17 stone, 6ft 1" and had major back surgery last year!
I do have a few Eos related questions but will do another post for those...
Don't wanna bang on too long in one go!
So, anyway...
Hello all!
Matchless_Mayhem

Re: Hello from a new Eos owner!

Post by Matchless_Mayhem »

Hi John and welcome to AMOC.

I've no experience of the new gen bikes, but there should be a wealth of tips and advice here from some pretty well informed members.

Enjoy the new bike, ride safe and keep it rubber side down.
Who, me!?
Johnny Cider

Post by Johnny Cider »

Cheer Matchless!
Very pleased to be here, I'm looking forward to some good and informative reading!
Johnny Cider

Post by Johnny Cider »

This is my ride...
Not mint but I'm chuffed anyhow!
bigwol

Post by bigwol »

Glad you are happy with your ride and welcome to the forum. Most of the people on the forum are into the classic AJS and Matchless bikes bit on the whole are a friendly bunch and will help out when they can, even if most wouldn't have a clue what a lambda sensor is! :D
It's all just riding motorbikes
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Tech tip for all us old un's. A lambda sensor is located in the olfactory system and tells us when the sunday roast is on way t'table.

Oh can't do smileys with quick reply!

Good luck and enjoy your new wheels
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
Johnny Cider

Post by Johnny Cider »

Thanks Gentlemen!
I've just completed my first week at my new job and I'm picking up my freshly serviced and sorted bike from my mates garage tomorrow.
Apparently my bike is a bit of a rare one, being a 250 EFi version, does anybody else on here own one?
I'm so looking forward to getting out for a proper ride on it, I've owned it for 2 weeks but this will be the first proper ride out (only 15 mins before!).
Ps.
Does anyone know if there is a dedicated owners manual for the Eos available? I've got the Haynes Chinese Bike manual but it's a bit general...
bigwol

Post by bigwol »

Don't think you will find a specific manual for your bike the Haynes Chinese seems to be all that's available.

Enjoy your ride out this weekend.
It's all just riding motorbikes