ajs Brake light

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
markm1

ajs Brake light

Post by markm1 »

hi all when you press the brake peddel the headlight dims ever so slightly think it also does it with the indicator battery was giving me about 13 v so not sure what could be wong
Janet

Re: ajs Brake light

Post by Janet »

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I don't know your type of bike but this is not a rare condition, having it on some of my own bikes. I think it happens when the power for the lights runs through the battery and, when several lights are on at the same time, they draw more than the battery can cope with. Is the battery the correct one? You could check all the connections to make sure they're clean in case some corrosion is preventing a good supply, including the earths, as a bad earth can affect all sorts if things.
If the dimming happens but is so slight as to not cause a problem , don't worry too much about it. I'd also suggest asking the dealers if they have experience of this.
Good luck.
markm1

Post by markm1 »

its an ajs regal raptor dd125e
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

If you are checking with engine not running or at tickover the indicator and brake light take quite a high amperage and will take some of the availiable current from the headlight. If you run the engine and bring the revs up with the lights on and brake light on you should see an increase of brilliance as the altenator supplies more current to the system, if you still have a substantial drop in headlight out put then look for a bad earth or corroded wire connector.
Was it a raptor you have?
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
markm1

Post by markm1 »

yes it is a 2006 regal raptor