complete novice looking for help.

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
spraypicswales

Re: complete novice looking for help.

Post by spraypicswales »

update. I managed to take it out for a little spin on wednesday and all seemed fine. got on it last night and again all fine until roughly 5 miles and exactly the same thing happened again, no power ! with the plugs changed and the carbs cleaned i didnt know what else to do (other than find a high cliff edge and dump it over). So i spoke to a friend of my brothers who works for the honda motorcross team and he has told me to check the back break to see if that is sticking, but im sure it isnt as it moves freely in neutral. he also has told me to check the breather on the tank to make sure that is not blocked. hopefully going to do that today and if it is one of them then happy days. if it isnt then you may see an ajs dd125e 11 plate up for sale as im now losing the plot with it. for something that was meant for me to get road confidence on before i go and do my DAS its not really working out. I should be thinking about the next junction or roundabout , not whether im actually going to reach the next junction or roundabout. I still have confidence in being on a bike, i have just lost all confidence in this bike, which is not good. will keep you all posted. Russ.
clive

Post by clive »

spraypicswales wrote:I am extremely grateful for all the replies but one thing I've noticed is the ridicule of such a bike.
your experiences may explain why, having read similar tales on the forum, those of us who do not own a modern AJS may have an attitude about them. Having said that there are club members who are very happy with the bikes. I hope you persevere and get it sorted rather than sell it and pass on the frustration to the new owner. Good luck
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

Did you have look at the EGR pipe, if it is split or perished?

Your pal should be ale to help on this bit, as a lot of modern bikes have these items now.
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS