Converting my Modena

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
alecalmoosa

Converting my Modena

Post by alecalmoosa »

Hi, I'm looking at putting a 125cc engine into my Modena which is currently a 50cc.
I am only 17 so have not had much experience with anything in this field. I'm mainly looking to see whether it is possible, I.E whether the 125 will fit into the body just like the 50 does, and what other parts I will need to change.
Obviously the speedo will have to change to take into account the higher speeds.
Thanks in advance.
Alec
SPRIDDLER

Re: Converting my Modena

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Welcome, Alec.
Most of us are owners of the British made AJS bikes made up to 1970 rather than the modern Chinese versions so you are unlikely to find anyone on here who has done this. There are other websites for Chinese bike and scooter owners where your enquiry might get more response.
It could be worth a call to AJS themselves:

http://www.ajsmotorcycles.co.uk/

There are several practical issues but you should enquire at your insurance company first who may not be happy with such a modification.

I expect you are looking for the least expensive option but I'd advise changing the 50 for a 125.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
robcurrie

Re: Converting my Modena

Post by robcurrie »

SPRIDDLER wrote: I expect you are looking for the least expensive option but I'd advise changing the 50 for a 125.
Against?
Consider the tyres and brakes before the speedo!
Rob C