Dd125e regal raptor neutral switch

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
SPRIDDLER

Re: Dd125e regal raptor neutral switch

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Now that lot has successfully posted I'll offer the following comment........
Gt6drummer wrote: I think it is in neutral as it wont shift down any further, but i cant be sure - hence why i want to try and start it. Any ideas if it is not shifting down into neutral?
If the gears are in neutral you'll be able to push the bike along (without holding the clutch in). If it's in gear (any gear except neutral) you won't be able to push it more than a few centimetres or so as you will feel resistance from th'engine trying to turn over.

You wrote: I think it's in neutral as it wont shift down any further . You do know that neutral is between 1st and 2nd gears, not 'right down'?
Right down is 1st, up one is neutral, up again 2nd, again for 3rd etc.........
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Gt6drummer

Post by Gt6drummer »

Thanks for all that mate, that is really helpful. I think i have got myself in a right tizz trying to find neutral! :lol: :lol:
From what i can see, there is only one wire coming from the switch ( the switch is hidden behind the flywheel! :evil: ) I will keep perservering and update. Thanks again!
bigwol

Post by bigwol »

Gt6drummer wrote:Spiddler, can i ask, how did you bypass the neutral switch? i have gone out this evening, further adjusted the clutch cable, but as you thought this hasnt made a difference. I think it is in neutral as it wont shift down an further,but i cant be sure - hence why i want to try and start it. Any ideas if it is not shifting down into neutral?

Again, many thanks Matt
Hi there, I'm not familiar with your bike model but most bikes operate with 1st gear being a down push on the lever then 4 or 5 up. Are you sure it isnt in 1st with the lever shifted fully down? Can you turn the rear wheel (if on a main stand) or push the bike easily and without the engine turning over with the clutch engaged (lever not pulled in)? If not it may be in gear and a slight shift up will find neutral. As Spriddler says you sometimes have to move the rear wheel to get the output shaft turning to change gear correctly and this can be particularly true to find "true" neutral. There are times on my modern bikes when i select neutral by hand when the engine isnt running as its easy to go past and keep selecting 1st and 2nd.
Apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs but am wondering as you keep saying the lever wont go down any more.

Good luck, Dave
It's all just riding motorbikes