AJS Cadwell Clubman.

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
skydiver

AJS Cadwell Clubman.

Post by skydiver »

Any comments about the new AJS?(Not rude ones)...KC.
Cerberus

Re: AJS Cadwell Clubman.

Post by Cerberus »

There was a review in the Jampot Mag about a year or so ago and my memory is that the reviewers were fairly complementary.
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

What I have read about them seems quite good.I thought of buying one but think I would like a bigger engine maybe 400cc
Chemists do it with test tubes
skydiver

Post by skydiver »

Cerberus wrote:There was a review in the Jampot Mag about a year or so ago and my memory is that the reviewers were fairly complementary.
I saw that article but now there is a later model--The AJS Cadwell Clubman..Just released...KC.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

skydiver wrote:
Cerberus wrote:There was a review in the Jampot Mag about a year or so ago and my memory is that the reviewers were fairly complementary.
I saw that article but now there is a later model--The AJS Cadwell Clubman..Just released...KC.
Any chance of a photo?
Roy
REW

Post by REW »

Ron

1951 Matchless G3L thumping round the Durham Dales.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Thanks Ron just needs that bigger engine and beefing up a bit and I am there with a order.
Roy
skydiver

Post by skydiver »

Well,a week has passed since I started riding my AJS Cadwell Clubman and to be honest---I'm very pleased so far...Sure,it isn't very fast but I've got my Bee-em if I'm in a hurry....The quality seems good--stainless fittings and nice stove enamelling.I've removed the pillion footrests--it's a single seat so not needed...Purists might sneer because it's made in China----I have seen the factory where Triumph build bikes----In Chonburi near Bangkok but people still regard them as "British".....Just one oddity---It always starts immediately on the button but doesn't want to start using the kick-start....I'll be looking into that soon...I'll post later on this machine...Blue skies....KC.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Pillion footrest ? When I looked at the Cadwell at Kettering the seat looked fit for only a solo rider, never noticed if it had pillion footrests. I will have to check out the new one. I rather like the look of the black Cadwell. I could be very temped to replace a 650 CSR with one. Speed is not a concern for me. Even 50/60 is OK for me and within speed limits on all roads I may ride on. True that extra power is missed when you want it, or it feels like you are flogging a tidler .
Had a look via the link now, seat looks the same as the one at Kettering. Top speed 60, I would have thought a little more. But that's OK. 125 Aprilla will do about 90.
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

skydiver wrote:...I've removed the pillion footrests--it's a single seat so not needed...
Watch out at MOT time (not for a while yet I know!) - if the inspector thinks that the seat is large enough for two people it will get failed due to no pillion footrests.
Keep them safe and refit at MOT time I think is the best advice
:-)
Corners like a Lego man