AJS Cadwell Clubman.

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.

Re: AJS Cadwell Clubman.

Postby SPRIDDLER » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:19 pm

REW wrote:And sadly, none of this helps skydiver. Any one within a short ride of him, "West Midlands"?

I'm not clear as to whether the issue revolves around the bike being out of warranty (so that repair would be chargeable), or the 50 quid collection charge.
If it's the collection charge maybe a local member would trailer it to the supplying dealer? I'd willingly do it if I was nearer, but I wouldn't want to meddle with someone else's hydraulic brakes.
I poke badgers with spoons.

Postby bob121 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:29 pm

If there is a substantial warranty left on the bike, then the conversation is worth having with the dealer. The brake issue may be chargeable, especially if it has had so little use that it misses the service point. The bike is rideable. The front brake is working.

Postby Greybeard » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:20 pm

bob121 wrote:The bike is rideable. The front brake is working.

Really? Of course, it's not your licence is it? :roll:

Steve

Postby skydiver » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:56 pm

Well I took the bike to the dealer who supplied it to sort out the brake problem...He said that it was due to the manufacturer not clearing the air out of the hose which links both brakes....Hmm,not convinced that is a fact...More likely to be the kids who prepare the bike when it was removed from the crate...KC.

Previous

Return to Modern AJS