125 cc tempest

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
thornton

125 cc tempest

Post by thornton »

Hi guys , I have recently bought a 125 tempest to replace my C90 for use when touring in my camper . It seems like a nice machine and My wife and I took a little shakedown run on it to check it out .The frame parts are quite substantial for a 125 and could easily handle a 250 engine IMHO . It is far more comfortable than the C90 two up, mainly due to having a manual clutch to be honest . :D So Far so good and apart from having to Jack up the rear units to max for two up use it seems fine .It ran up to 60 easily down hill [ running in ] so its fine for toodling about in france etc.
REW

Re: 125 cc tempest

Post by REW »

One or two of our club members carry a small motorbike on their camper van. As I tow a caravan (with a car rather than van) I am a little envious of this facility! How and where on your camper do you stow your Tempest?
Ron

1951 Matchless G3L thumping round the Durham Dales.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

You may wish you never asked Ron??? I re-call at least one member that attended Jampot rallies towing a caravan that also carried his AMC, via a DIY door in the back of the caravan. I am sure you will be aware, "cycle racks " are available for cars and campers. Which may be strong enough to carry a small motor cycle.
thornton

Post by thornton »

I have a rack on the back made from electricians cable tray supported on two scaffold tubes that slide into 50mm square tubes welded to chassis extensions and are bolted through .I would like to post you a photo but I am not sure about this img /img thing ! The photo is on my laptop and on a facebook page .
REW

Post by REW »

It's all about weight limits really. A caravan could not carry a motorbike because the chassis is lightweight (among other considerations) but a motorhome might well because the chassis is of course derived from a commercial van. I would like to see a photo - upload an attachment?
Ron

1951 Matchless G3L thumping round the Durham Dales.
thornton

Post by thornton »

can someone advise me on how to attach a picture to a post . Does it have to be on a remote site ?
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

thornton wrote:.I would like to post you a photo but I am not sure about this img /img thing !
Not possible as an attachment unless you're a member.
My guide to posting attachments removed and may be reposted in the FAQ section.
Last edited by SPRIDDLER on Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

thornton wrote:can someone advise me on how to attach a picture to a post . Does it have to be on a remote site ?
Not sure if you can post photos on the forum as a guest.
Roy
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

G15 Roy wrote:
thornton wrote:can someone advise me on how to attach a picture to a post . Does it have to be on a remote site ?
Not sure if you can post photos on the forum as a guest.
Ah yes. In which case you'll need to add the photo image code from your photo host: Photobucket, Picasa, Tinypics...........(I don't use a remote host these days and they're all different so won't go into that).

I've removed my earlier post and may repost it in the FAQ section.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
thornton

Post by thornton »

Roy ,I am a member