New AJS Bobber 125!!!!

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
Janet

New AJS Bobber 125!!!!

Post by Janet »

Sarah, are you still riding on L-plates? If you've passed your test I suggest you look around at everything available before committing to a 125cc AJS. I don't know the bikes personally, and know a few people who rate them highly for what they are, ie cheap to purchase little bikes, but they tend to be people with good spannering knowledge.

I smiled when yuo mentioned the Honda Shadow. There is a 125 that often parks near my bike and it makes my 400cc Honda look like a little toy. My own preference is definitely not for custom cruisers.

Sezzastar

New AJS Bobber 125!!!!

Post by Sezzastar »

Thankyou for your replies! Spriddler "Mind you, all of the bike parts are bought-in by the 'manufacturer' in China and the same bikes appear in the U.K. under various 'makers' names." This is what I am not keen on, it just all appears so dodgy to me and from what I've learnt from life so far is to stay away from dodgy things! "Forgive me if I appear patronising, but if I were advising my non-mechanical and 'vulnerable' daughter (or my son), in the event of a breakdown in rural Cornwall, I'd say her priority was reliability, good local servicing and parts back-up, then style. She wouldn't take any notice of course but it won't seem so 'cool' when broken down at night on a drizzly moor. But then I'm well past the first flush of acne" Now you are just showing your age I think I picked well with the intruder first time, have not had to endure waiting on the side of the road next to fields of sheep yet! Hoping my next bike will be reliable, loud AND stylish!

I have just been searching around at motorcyles and somehow cannot believe the price difference of the 125s and 600s! So i have taken the plunge and booked my motorcyle theory test for a couple of weeks and will do my direct access for september time. Then I can spend the money on a decent cruiser AND bin the L Plates!

Thankyou AJS for opening my eyes!

NoodleHead

New AJS Bobber 125!!!!

Post by NoodleHead »

Hope I have not misunderstood you Sezzastar, but there is nothing wrong awith the regal raptor brand. Made in Republic of China by Lifeng Group. www.regal-raptor.com. They are built to a reasonable quality, are reliable and come at a competitive price. AJS import them and ensure a guarantee, service-back and available parts.
NoodleHead

New AJS Bobber 125!!!!

Post by NoodleHead »

service back-up
SideValve

New AJS Bobber 125!!!!

Post by SideValve »

Wouldn't be my choice but hey, I'd rather see loads of people on these than see them miserably clogging up the roads in cars.
Peter W
NoodleHead

New AJS Bobber 125!!!!

Post by NoodleHead »

Good point SideValve. We are all bikers trying to get by in these tough economic times. I love all m/c's and I respect all bikers and other powered 2 wheel riders. I don't think anyone should rubbish any motorcycle because we are all proud of our machines.
Colin F

New AJS Bobber 125!!!!

Post by Colin F »

I agree with you but I still wouldn't be seen dead on a scooter!!!
NoodleHead

New AJS Bobber 125!!!!

Post by NoodleHead »

Col, not even a cool Peugeot Speedfight 3?
Baldone

New AJS Bobber 125!!!!

Post by Baldone »

Evening all, Firstly, this is my first post on this forum, so I'll be nice I purchased my first bike in 23 years back in April, an AJS Eos 125, I have to admit, it has given me nothing but riding pleasure, not one problem. I realise there are some people who have had bad experiences with the Chinese made bikes, these days the Modern AJS models are put through a rigorous quality check.

I have formed a "Modern AJS Owners Club" not in an attempt to drive a wedge between vintage owners and modern owners, but in hope that we can all share the road as proud AJS owners.

Here is the link to the Modern AJS Owners Club, (58 members strong in 3 months) for those that are interested. In time a bespoke website will be formed, www.facebook.com/groups/majsoc/

It would be nice to meet up at a rally one day, both vintage and modern owners alike.

Peace and ride safe
Seasoned biker now back on 2 wheels after 23 years