Weekly quiz

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
quizmaster

Re: Weekly quiz

Post by quizmaster »

Well I have finally managed to catch out most of you who tried to answer last weeks quiz. I asked you to identify the item AND the make. Lots correctly identified it as a magneto platform but either they didn't specify the make or wrongly identifed it as for a front mounted mag. The item was a mag platform for Matchless only with the magneto mounted behind barrel, to 1952 I think. The front mounted mag platform has the brackets at the ends of the platform with spacers behind, the advantage being you can remove the mag without taking the inner timing case off (grumbling voice of experience here, conversion of one bike to front mounted explains how I came to take the photo). I think this weeks photo will be easier but I am hoping to catch many out with the Xmas week item.

Finally many thanks to Paul Guse for his recent offering. Actually I think it was just too difficult Paul but I have cut out a picture from the larger photo you sent which shows a bit more. I tried to send a PM to thank you but my alias identity doesn't seem to allow me to do this. Your picture won't appear until around Easter though, as I had just loaded more pictures. If anyone else has a challenging picture please use the link on the quiz web page to send it in.
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
PGGuse

Post by PGGuse »

Dear Webmaster, you unconcernedly uncovered my identity which makes me concerned. Everybody knew the identity of your forerunner - what is your problem to hide yours? :idea:
Anyway - I like the weekly challenge!
Paul in Frankfurt
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

PGGuse wrote:Dear Webmaster, .....
Did you mean Quizmaster?
We are two different people...
:D
Corners like a Lego man
PGGuse

Post by PGGuse »

Dear Webmaster, I beg your pardon for my error! Could you pass to the dear Quizmaster - :mrgreen:
Paul
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

three reasons.
1 to help generate a bit of buzz around the restart of the quiz after some years out of action.
2 to avoid people getting an a small advantage if they know what bikes I own and have restored, as I work my way through bits and pieces of them that are left over (hence the rust on many of them, the parts not the bikes , although that is true of some of the bikes too).
3 because I enjoy wearing the eye mask. :geek: :mrgreen:
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
DWS

Post by DWS »

You stole my identity... :x

Morganstown Village Fete 1959
AFS Matchless Motorcycle Register
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

Well half the club seemed to get last week's quiz correct, well done. Bet I will catch most of you out with this week's though. Happy Christmas
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

Yo, only one correct answer this week, well done that man. Back to motorcycle parts now. Happy New Year to all
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

A sharp eyed quizer (anonymous like me) has noticed that the operating system has resulted in this weeks quiz picture changing half way through the week (from 2012 week 53 to 2013 week 1 at midnight on the 31st presumably), sorry for those who have already had a go but there is another item for you to identify now.
"Hi-yo Silver and away"

Post by 1608 »

You used to be able to look back over many weeks/months to old quiz answers, is this still possible.