Weekly quiz

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
saltbox alf
Deceased

Re: Weekly quiz

Post by saltbox alf »

Help! I seem to be stuck on 23 dec 2012 for the quiz and can't get into 2013, or is marmite dripping everywhere gumming up the works. I understand the first week hiccup from 31 dec to new years day ! Is the present item the actual one for 1st jan quiz?
confused, Tunbridge wells.

Can we have the missing quiz again please :lol:
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

saltbox alf wrote:Can we have the missing quiz again please :lol:
(Sigh). it's a quiz Alf; you're supposed to guess what it is......;-)
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

Dang! I knew there was somthing clever about the concept of a quiz :roll: I somehow jumped a day ahead of myself, too much enjoying meself on the vino callapso, over the weekend was 3 kings fiesta, it's becoming very easy to lose track of time! which I have!!
Matrooooon is it monday? were's me pills?
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

Sorry folks not sure whats going on. The previous entry which was of a triumph 6T speedo face, and this result is now up for the few who caught it before the 1st jan. Unfortunately the larger number who correctly identified the upside down Girling top pivot have not yet appeared. Perhaps Eamonn can resolve this? I will leave spreads with or without gold coloured flecks well alone in future. (actually its a scam as the gold flakes are titanium dioxide and iron oxide so I will have to put alchemy aside and get on with bike restoration). Keep the guesses flowing
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

Dear quizmaster, all becomes clear now as I did both quizzes, thought there was one in a queue somewhere, that'l be the suspenders top :P
Who was that masked man? saved the day again.
PGGuse

Post by PGGuse »

What is wrong with my guess Smiths Chronometric Speedo model S.467 instead of Triumph 6T speedo face?
Paul
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

quizmaster wrote:... upside down Girling top pivot have not yet appeared. Perhaps Eamonn can resolve this?
Done now!

Next year, I think we'll ensure the quiz takes a break when the first day of the new year falls in the middle of the week !!
Corners like a Lego man
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

PGGuse wrote:What is wrong with my guess Smiths Chronometric Speedo model S.467 instead of Triumph 6T speedo face?
Paul
Paul I think you already had an explanation that the 6T picture was prematurely changed by the system, and your answer was afterwards and came by email. The system only allows me to agree correct entries that have been submitted via the quiz page. However the S.467 came in black face versions too and it was the Triumph link I was marking as correct.
"Hi-yo Silver and away"

Post by 1608 »

Go to the bottom of the class Paul.
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

Only three correct entries last week, the part was only fitted from 48 to 50 and I imagine lots of those bikes were later adapted by fitting the alternative part that accepted the damper rod . Names of the clever ones appear later today :oops: . I think many more should get this weeks picture as most of our bikes have one.
"Hi-yo Silver and away"