A few answers needed

Information relating to the Matchless G5 or AJS Model 8 350cc Lightweight
Janet

Re: A few answers needed

Post by Janet »

Ozmadman wrote:Very good!! At the bike event in my home town Bank Hol Monday a guy was looking at my bike and asking about the make of the rear tyre. I said it is only a Mitas tyre,
If you don't mind me asking, what size rims do you have? I have difficulty getting tyres to fit my GC so I was wondering if the M8/G5 have different wheels.
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

Hi Janet

18" on a G5/Mod8, you I think have 17" on a G2 ?? (not sure if the later ones went over to 18" or not). I have 3.50x 18 on the back (mitas)and a 3.25 x18 on the front (not sure of make, will have a look) . They were virtually new and already on the bike so I personally haven't had to try to buy them..

Paul
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
Janet

Post by Janet »

Ozmadman wrote:Hi Janet

18" on a G5/Mod8, you I think have 17" on a G2 ?? (not sure if the later ones went over to 18" or not). I have 3.50x 18 on the back (mitas)and a 3.25 x18 on the front (not sure of make, will have a look) . They were virtually new and already on the bike so I personally haven't had to try to buy them..

Paul
Yes the G2 ( sorry for previous typo ) has 17" wheels. That's why I was asking.
cbranni

Post by cbranni »

Hello Janet, have you tried Vintage Tyres
http://www.vintagetyres.com/search?qs=A ... 2-66&cat=2

or Wyldes
http://www.cwylde.co.uk/section.php?xSec=109

Regards Colin
only dead fish go with the flow
Stuoyb

Post by Stuoyb »

The Club Parts Service has a direct delivery arrangement with Vintage Tyres that includes Avon 325x17 tyres for lightweights.
Janet

Post by Janet »

I bought my current tyres from Wyldes but they're Avon Speedmaster front and Classic Safety Mileage rear, which I hate to the bottom of my socks. I would like nice soft modern style tyres. These will have to do until I wear them out ( remember, I'm from Yorkshire ) but I'll try the Vintage Tyres next time to see if theey have any alternatives. Thanks all for the information.
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

Avon Roadriders seem to be the modern Avon preference
Sam
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy »

Janet wrote:I bought my current tyres from Wyldes but they're Avon Speedmaster front and Classic Safety Mileage rear, which I hate to the bottom of my socks. I would like nice soft modern style tyres. These will have to do until I wear them out ( remember, I'm from Yorkshire ) but I'll try the Vintage Tyres next time to see if theey have any alternatives. Thanks all for the information.
hello janet ive just brought a new pair of dunlops for my g5 nice modern tread pattern delivered to the door for £80 which i thought was bloody good value
Janet

Post by Janet »

Hellboy wrote:
Janet wrote:I bought my current tyres from Wyldes but they're Avon Speedmaster front and Classic Safety Mileage rear, which I hate to the bottom of my socks. I would like nice soft modern style tyres. These will have to do until I wear them out ( remember, I'm from Yorkshire ) but I'll try the Vintage Tyres next time to see if theey have any alternatives. Thanks all for the information.
hello janet ive just brought a new pair of dunlops for my g5 nice modern tread pattern delivered to the door for £80 which i thought was bloody good value
If I had 18" wheels I'd have a greater choice, too but, sadly, I haven't.